These easy 6 ingredient Keto Cheesy Taco Stuffed Peppers are an amazing low carb dinner recipe bursting with delicious Mexican flavors.
Keto Stuffed Peppers
Traditional stuffed peppers are filled with meat and rice, but we are skipping the rice in favor of a tasty low carb recipe with these Cheesy Taco Stuffed Peppers. Six simple ingredients come together to make a wholesome dinner the whole family will enjoy.
Enjoy all the great flavors of tacos tucked in a roasted bell pepper for a low carb meal. If you aren’t concerned with carbohydrates, then serve this taco stuffed pepper alongside some rice for a hearty dinner.
Mexican Stuffed Pepper Recipe
Who doesn’t love Mexican flavors?! From Taco Pizza and Cheesy Taco Pasta Skillet to an easy Taco Wrap for lunch, the classic taco flavors are good in just about any meal. These Keto Cheesy Taco Stuffed Peppers are no exception!
To keep this dinner simple, just grab a packet of taco seasoning and sauté up some onion and hamburger with it. Add in a can of fire roasted tomatoes and you have a the beginnings of a great dinner.
How to make Taco Stuffed Peppers
Before you get your ground beef mixture started, slice your choice of bell peppers in half and scoop out the seeds. Place them cut side down on a greased cookie sheet and roast for 20 minutes. This will soften the peppers and sweeten them up.
I personally prefer yellow, red and orange bell peppers, but the beauty of this recipe is that you can use a variety and satisfy everyone’s preference.
While the peppers are roasting, get to work on your simple ground beef mixture. Don’t forget to grab your hamburger chopper! It is one of the few kitchen gadgets that I absolutely love and will make room for in my utensil drawer. It makes light work of chopping ground beef up.
Mexican Stuffed Peppers without Rice
After your peppers have roasted for 20 minutes, use a tong to remove them from the pan and place them in a greased baking dish, cut side up. Once your ground beef is all seasoned up and cooked through, mix in half of the grated cheese. Divide the meat between your roasted bell peppers.
Top the stuffed taco peppers with some freshly grated sharp cheddar. I always prefer the flavor and texture of grating a block of cheese, but if you are short on time, simply grab a bag of Mexican blend cheese.
Pop the Keto stuffed peppers in the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
What to garnish Taco Stuffed Peppers with
The possibilities are endless when it comes to topping these Taco stuffed peppers. Basically anything you would put on a traditional taco is a great option. Here are just a few of my favorite suggestions.
What to serve with Taco Stuffed Peppers
While these Keto stuffed peppers don’t have any rice in them, it doesn’t mean that it isn’t a great side dish to serve alongside this low carb dish. Riced cauliflower is another fantastic option. Here are some more great side dish recipes that would pair wonderfully with these stuffed peppers.
- 4 bell peppers, choice of colors
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 ounce package taco seasoning
- 14.5 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 ounce shredded sharp cheddar, divided
- sour cream and pico de gallo for optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice your bell peppers in half and scoop out the seeds. Place them cut side down on a greased cookie sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- While the peppers are roasting, add the onions and ground beef to a skillet with a drizzle of oil. Chop the meat up and add the package of taco seasoning. Cook over medium-high heat until the meat is cooked through.
- Mix in the fire roasted tomatoes and half of the shredded cheddar.
- Remove the roasted peppers from the cookie sheet with a tong and place cut side up in a baking dish. Divide the meat mixture between the peppers.
- Top the stuffed peppers with the remaining shredded cheese and bake at 350°F for an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve the taco stuffed peppers with sour cream and pico de gallo.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 550mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 23g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.