Baked Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips are easy 4 ingredient homemade chips baked in the oven with butter, cinnamon and sugar. This sweet treat is perfect for dessert nachos, dipping in fruit salsa or snacking on alone!
Baked Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
These Baked Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips are a buttery, flaky, sweet treat perfection! Whether you are whipping up a batch of dessert nachos, looking for something to scoop up a fresh fruit salsa with, or enjoy snacking on them alone, they are a wonderfully delicious dessert made from scratch in your oven. They make a big batch, perfect for sharing or bringing to a party!
Don’t let the fact that these are ‘baked’ fool you into thinking they are in any way healthy. Sorry, but that’s not what’s up with these bad boys. These flour tortillas are generously coated in melted butter and tossed in cinnamon sugar before baking. You know…all of the things that make them extra wonderful! 😉
The beauty of these Baked Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips are that they are made in the oven with easy cleanup. There is no need to whip out the messy deep fryer or heat up splattering oil on the stove top. Simply add the cut tortillas to the melted butter in a large bow. Put the lid on the bowl and shake vigorously until they are well coated. Add the cinnamon and sugar mixture and do the same thing.
After you make sure they are all well coated, arrange the tortillas on a cooling rack over a lined cookie sheet. Bake them off in the oven and you have homemade dessert chips ready in no time!
- 1/2 c. butter
- 8 10 inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or tin foil and top with cooling racks.
- In a large bowl that has a lid, microwave the butter for 1-2 minutes, or until completely melted.
- Cut the stack of tortillas into 12 wedges each. Add the tortilla wedges to the bowl of melted butter. Place the lid firmly on the bowl and shake vigorously until the tortillas are evenly coated.
- In a small bowl combine the cinnamon and sugar. Toss the mixture over the buttered tortillas. Place the lid back on the bowl and shake well. Separate any tortillas stuck together and re-shake to ensure they are all coated well.
- Arrange the tortillas over the cooling racks and bake at 400° for 8-12 minutes until lightly golden. Some of the chips may still appear soft, but upon cooling they will crisp up.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 96 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 26Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.