Cheesy Taco Pasta Skillet is an easy one-pot family friendly recipe made in just 20 minutes and perfect for a weeknight dinner idea!
Cheesy Taco Pasta Skillet
This easy Cheesy Taco Pasta Skillet combines so many great things into one simple dinner recipe. Taco meat, tomatoes, pasta and cheese are topped with crushed Doritos for a hearty meal that your family will ask for again and again! The best part of all is that this great recipe only requires one pot for easy cleanup which is always a win in my book. You can’t beat easy skillet meals like this Cheesy Taco Pasta Skillet or this One-Pot Creamy Buffalo Chicken Pasta which is another simple and delicious recipe when time is of the essence.
It is harvest season on the farm and the guys are putting in long hours out in the field. This means I am in charge of whipping up a quick meal to bring out for dinner now and again. These guys are true meat and potato farm boys so it isn’t the time or place for me to whip up something fun and inventive with some of my favorite things like goat cheese or squash. It is best to stick to the tried and true basics so I don’t have a group of disappointed and hungry men at the end of the night.
Tacos are always a crowd-pleaser, but way too messy and complicated to transport out to the field. Hotdish and casseroles are other favorites of theirs, but I just can’t bring myself to make my mom’s same old recipes over and over again. Last year this Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole and Light Cheesy Chicken, Sausage & Rice Casserole were new successes they enjoyed.
With this Cheesy Taco Pasta Skillet, I combined the best of both worlds, tacos and hotdish, in one easy to transport recipe! It starts out in a large skillet browning hamburger and onion with taco seasoning. Just add a few simple ingredients like diced tomatoes, cheddar soup and pasta and let it simmer. Top it with some shredded cheese and crushed chips and you have a simple 20 minute recipe on the table in no time!
Cheesy Taco Pasta Skillet
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 pkts taco seasoning
- 2 c. water
- 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 10.75 oz can cheddar cheese soup
- 8 oz. 1/2 box Quick Cook Rotini pasta
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- 1 c. crushed Doritos
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute the ground beef and onion for 6-8 minutes, or until the beef is no longer pink. Add the taco seasoning and stir until well combined.
- To the skillet, add the water, tomatoes with juices, cheddar soup and pasta. Stir together until well combined.
- Cover and cook on medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring every few minutes, or until pasta is cooked through.
- Top with shredded cheese and cover for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with crushed Doritos.