Pressure Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken & Rice is a quick and easy dinner recipe made in your Instant Pot in less than 30 minutes! Zesty rice is topped with cheesy chicken breasts for a one-pot meal the whole family will love.
Pressure Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken & Rice
If you already own an Instant Pot, you know just how great they are for easy set it and forget it meals. These 10 Healthy Chicken Recipes in a Pressure Cooker are a great collection of dinner ideas when you have a lot of chicken to use up.
Sometimes you want the whole meal deal in one swoop those and that is why this Pressure Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken & Rice is so great!
You don’ need to make anything outside of the Instant Pot or prepare any extras for the dish. Simply saute your onions in the Pressure Cooker and add the remaining ingredients. Set it and forget it and you will come back to a hearty and delicious dinner that the whole family will want again and again!
If you love a creamy dish, a big dollop of sour cream is a great addition to the meal when you are serving it up. It also makes for fantastic leftovers for lunch the next day!
Another great alternative for this Pressure Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken & Rice is to shred the chicken and stir it in with the rice. Chicken in the Instant Pot is the best when shredded because it just falls apart. The presentation might not be as pretty, but it is sure to taste just as good.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 16 oz jar salsa verde
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 c. long grain white rice, I used Basmati
- 20 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- Add the olive oil to your 5 or 6 quart electric pressure cooker and turn on to saute function. When the pot is heated, add the diced onion. Saute for 3 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add the chicken broth to the onions and using a wooden spoon scrape the browned bits off of the bottom so they don't burn during cooking. Turn the pressure cooker off of saute function.
- Add the salsa verde, cumin and rice. Do NOT stir in the rice. Nestle the chicken breasts on top of the rice mixture. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes with a 10 minute natural pressure release. (When the 10 minutes is completed cooking, let the pot sit for 10 more minutes until you release the pressure manually.)
- Remove the chicken from the pot and fluff the rice. Place the chicken back on top of the rice and top with the shredded cheddar.
- Place the lid back on the pressure cooker and let sit for 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted from the heat of the pot.
- Serve immediately.
- *Optionally top with sour cream and cilantro.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 541Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 150mgSodium: 1350mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 55g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.