This Greek Chicken Pita Bowl is a healthy and easy recipe with roasted chicken, loads of crisp vegetables and toasted pitas served with a simple Greek yogurt and lemon feta dressing for an amazing 30 minute meal prep bowl!
Greek Chicken Bowl Recipe
This Greek Chicken Pita Bowl was inspired by a recent meal kit delivery I ordered. I loved all of the healthy and fresh flavors in the bowl so I decided to share it with you guys. I love a good chicken and rice meal prep bowl as much as the next person, but sometimes it is fun to change up the carb and the warm toasted pitas in this bowl recipe take the recipe to a whole new level!
Greek Chicken Pita
Not only does this amazing Greek chicken pita meal come together in only 30 minutes, it is a healthy recipe that you will actually be excited about!
No one wants to do all the work to cook and prepare a healthy meal that isn’t appetizing. Then those meal prep bowls just sit in your refrigerator starring at you as you pass them by each day and they go to waste.
I promise you will happily reach for one of these Greek Chicken Pita Bowls each day with excitement!
How to make Greek Chicken Bowls
While the chicken breasts are baking, the crisp cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and pepperoncini are tossed in a light red wine vinaigrette with oregano and dill. They are mixed in with the shredded chicken breasts and topped with a homemade Greek yogurt sauce made with feta and lemon juice.
The finishing touch are pita bread cut in triangles, brushed with olive oil and toasted in the warm oven until they are crispy on the outside and warm and soft on the inside.
Scoop up the creamy chicken and vegetable mixture with your pitas and enjoy an amazing lunch or dinner!
Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
If you are into meal prepping chicken bowls then I highly suggest you check out my BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Bowls, Buffalo Chicken & Quinoa Bowls and Fruit and Goat Cheese Chicken Bowls. They are all full of fresh and delicious flavors perfect for meal prep.
I also highly recommend checking out Factor 75 if you are ever having a crazy hectic week with no time to do your own meal prep. Their meals aren’t cheap, but they taste amazing!
15 Minute Meal Prep Bowls
These Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls can be made even faster if you use shredded rotisserie chicken you pick up at the deli instead of cooking chicken breasts at home. Toss the precooked chicken with all the vegetables and vinaigrette and store in your favorite meal prep containers.
Add the Greek yogurt sauce to the side in portion cups along with the sliced pitas. In a matter of just 10-15 minutes, you will have awesome Chicken Meal Prep Bowls.
Greek Bowl Meal Prep
When it comes to the pitas, warm them right before you enjoy your bowl for the best possible meal. A microwave will be the most common option available for most people, but if you are like me and brought an Airfryer to work, use that!
Tossing the pitas in the Air Fryer for a quick 4-5 minute to heat them up will result in warm crunchy pitas that pair perfectly with the chilled chicken and vegetables.
If you don’t have access to a microwave or Airfryer, then I would opt for some pita chips instead of pita bread. Cold dry pita bread isn’t all that great in my opinion, so a crunchy pre-made pita chip is a much better option.
More Delicious Meal Prep Bowls!
- Sweet Potato Taco Bowls
- Easy Pork Carnitas Rice Bowls
- 10 Minute Beef & Broccolini Bowls
- Pulled Pork Bowls with Avocado Slaw
- Roasted Veggie & Chicken Sausage Penne Bowls
- Light Crock Pot Fiesta Chicken & Rice Bowls
- Teriyaki Salmon & Broccoli Bowls
- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. ground oregano
- 1/8 tsp. dried dill
- 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 Tbsp. kalamata olives
- 1/4 c. sliced pepperoncini
- 1/2 c. Greek yogurt
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 oz. crumbled feta
- 2 round pita breads
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add the chicken breasts to a lined baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Bake at 350° until the internal temp reaches 165°.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add 2 Tbsp. olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano and dill and give a quick stir.
- Thinly slice the red onion and add to the bowl along with the cucumbers, tomatoes, pepperoncini and olives. Stir until all the vegetables are coated well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, juice from 1/2 lemon, 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper, and feta. Mash until it is mostly smooth.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Using two forks, shred the cooked chicken and add to the large bowl of vegetables.
- Slice the pita breads into 6 wedges each. Toss with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes at 350°.
- Divide the chicken and vegetable mixture between two bowls and serve topped with Greek yogurt dressing, toasted pitas and a wedge of remaining lemon.
You can cook the pitas in an Airfryer or Toasted Oven while the chicken is baking to save time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 839 Total Fat: 40g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 28g Cholesterol: 124mg Sodium: 1238mg Carbohydrates: 66g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 25g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 53g