Easy Pork Carnitas Rice Bowls are a quick 10 minute dinner recipe loaded with juicy meat, rice and fresh pico de gallo, gaucamole and queso fresco.
Easy Pork Carnitas Rice Bowls
I am drooling over that sear on those pork carnitas. It is EVERYTHING! Some people might look at it and think it’s burnt. No, no, my friends. That is the caramelized goodness that is carnitas when prepared correctly! While you can enjoy savory carnitas straight from the Crock Pot, Instant Pot, or oven, but searing them off in some of their reserved juices is what really puts them over the edge. When you have a quick and simple recipe like these Easy Pork Carnitas Rice Bowls, it’s important to do the meat right!
The best part about making a big batch of Instant Pot Pork Carnitas is that they can be reheated for so many meals over the course of the week. From Pork Carnitas Street Tacos to easy quesadillas made with just a tortilla and some cheese or these Easy Pork Carnitas Rice Bowls, they make everything taste better.
I made the mistake of buying a pack of heat and serve pork carnitas at the grocery store and let’s just say they shall remain nameless, because man oh man where they disgusting! Don’t get me wrong, I’m all about a good convenient heat and serve meat, like BBQ shredded pork for instance, but there was something about the carnitas that was so awful I had to throw them away.
If you don’t have the time to make them from scratch, buying pre-seasoned pork carnitas that you just toss in the Crock Pot is a much better option. Those are still delicious and will be great in any recipe. I personally really like these Smithfield Seasoned Carnitas.
- 3 c. pork carnita with 3/4 c. liquid
- 1 1/3 c. cooked brown rice
- 1 1/3 c. pico de gallo
- 1 c. guacamole
- 1/2 c. queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/2 c. salsa verde
- In a hot skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and shredded pork. Allow to sear for 2 minutes and then add the reserved carnitas juices to the pan. Saute for 3-5 minutes or until the juices are evaporated and the bottom of the pork is browned.
- Arrange 1/4 of the meat in each of 4 bowls. Divide the remaining ingredients among the bowls and serve immediately!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g