Steak & Bleu Cheese Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Dressing is a hearty and healthy salad with fresh blueberries, tender New York strip steak and bleu cheese all dressed in an easy homemade blueberry balsamic dressing.
Steak & Bleu Cheese Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Dressing is hearty enough to satisfy any appetite. It combines fresh blueberries and mixed greens with tender New York strip steak and bleu cheese all dressed in an easy homemade blueberry balsamic dressing for a luxuriously simply weeknight dinner.
It is easy to get in a salad rut. I tend to start throwing the same grilled chicken, basic veggies and dressing together and call it a day. I then begin to bore of salads, but then I remember they can be so much more.
Fresh Fruit Salad
Fresh fruit and nuts are one of my favorite ways to spice up a salad, and the addition of steak is a refreshing change. Some of my favorite salads with fruit include Citrus Shrimp Salad, Pistachio Goat Cheese Berry Salad and Grilled Peach Salad.
I had some blueberries left over from these Mini Blueberry and Meyer Lemon Cream Pies I had made a few days prior and I picked up a nice New York Strip, one of my favorites, at the grocery store. This salad came together wonderfully and was so fresh and flavorful. Even my brother and Dad will go for a salad if it is topped with a tender grilled steak and this salad really woke up my salad routine. I will definitely be making it again!
More hearty salads with steak!
- Grilled Steak Strawberry Salad
- Steak & Bleu Cheese Salad with Roasted Corn Nuts
- Pan Fried Flank Steak Arugula Salad
Blueberry Balsamic Dressing
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/2 c. blueberries
- 1/4 c. orange juice
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 12 c. mixed greens
- 1 lb. steak
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 c. bleu cheese
- 2/3 c. red onion
- 1 c. fresh blueberries
- 1/2 c. pine nuts
- In a blender or bowl with immersion blender, add all of the dressing ingredients and blend until smooth.
- In a medium skillet over high heat, add your pine nuts and toast them for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Removed the pine nuts from the heat as soon as they are browned and set aside.
- Spray your skillet with non-stick spray. Season each side of the steak with salt and pepper and add to the hot skillet. Cook to your desired temperature and remove from the heat. Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting into thin slices, so the juices have a chance to settle.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the mixed greens with blueberry balsamic dressing, bleu cheese, onion, blueberries and pine nuts.
- Lay the steak over the salad and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 723Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 623mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 5gSugar: 17gProtein: 39g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.