Grilled Steak Strawberry Salad is a fresh and healthy summer dinner recipe ready in just 20 minutes. It is full of hearty steak, grilled onions, strawberries, sharp white cheddar and crunchy pistachios.
Grilled Steak Strawberry Salad
I have been enjoying Strawberry Salads with chicken for quite some time. It’s a classic flavor combo that I always enjoy. Heck, I make just about every salad with chicken because it is an easy lean protein that adds heartiness to the dish. More recently however, I have been switching things up with steak on different salad combinations. The addition of beef to this recipe made for an amazingly delicious Grilled Steak Strawberry Salad!
I served steak salad for my family that were home over the last holiday weekend when everyone was home. My smart ass brother remarked that steak salad is the best kind of salad…but worst kind of steak. Hardy har har… my family struggles to get on the healthy food train over the holidays!
Adding steak to your salad definitely appeases the meat eaters while also appealing to those wanting to eat something fresh and a little bit healthier. With all of the heavy and rich holiday food over the weekend, a salad is a great go-to meal to lighten things up.
Now if only this darn weather would warm up for us so I wouldn’t have to stand outside with a hat and mittens on to grill the steak and onions for this Grilled Steak Strawberry Salad!
- 8 oz. Sirloin or New York Strip steak
- salt and pepper
- 8 c. mixed greens
- 1/2 quart strawberries, sliced
- 3 oz. white cheddar, shaved or shredded
- 1/4 c. shelled pistachios
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. strawberry lime dressing
- Season your steak with salt and pepper. Grill the steaks until they reach your preferred doneness.
- Meanwhile, add the mixed greens to a large bowl and top with strawberries, white cheddar and pistachios.
- When the steak is done cooking, set aside and let rest.
- Brush the slices of onions with the olive oil and add to the hot grill. Cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until they have a light char and are translucent.
- After the steak has rested for 5 minutes, cut it into strips against the grain. Top the salad with the steak, grilled onions and strawberry lime dressing. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g