I am seriously obsessed with this Grilled Peach, Honey Goat Cheese & Spiced Pecan Salad right now. I made it for supper last night, I packed it for lunch today, and I am honestly contemplating having it again for supper tonight. It is just that good!
I was planning on making a salad with some of the Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing I had left over in the refrigerator, so I ran to the grocery store before supper last night. I had every intention of picking up some strawberries to pair with this dressing, but as I walked in the door, there were crates of Elberta peaches stacked in the entry. I often ignore the crates of fruit intended for canning season, but with these, it hit me immediately, that these juicy peaches NEEDED to be paired with this dressing.
I wandered down to the cheese aisle to find the perfect selection for this salad I was building in my head. That’s when I saw it…Honey Goat Cheese! YUM! I have often paired goat cheese with honey in the past and love it, but have never actually saw it in a pre-packaged form. I may have bought a couple packages, because you just never know when our local grocery store will change their stock selection! If you aren’t able to find honey goat cheese at your local grocer, just mix together 4 oz. of regular goat cheese with a tablespoon of honey.
After a few more additions, I had the makings of a phenomenal salad! I particularly love the spiced pecans, that add just a hint of heat to compliment the sweet peaches and dressing. If you prefer a bit more protein in your dinner, grilled chicken breasts or a cup of quinoa would make a great addition.
- 10 c. mixed greens
- 2/3 c. citrus poppy seed dressing
- 3 fresh peaches
- 4 oz. honey goat cheese, or 4 oz. plain goat cheese with 1 Tbsp. honey mixed in
- 1/2 c. red onion sliced very thin
- 1/2 c. pecans
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- In a small bowl add the pecans, oil and paprika. Toss well to coat and place them on a hot sautee pan or grill for 2-3 minutes, mixing them every minute, so they are evenly toasted. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Slice your peaches into thick 1" slices and spray with pan spray. Add them to the same pan or grill and cook for 45-60 seconds on each side. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, toss greens with the dressing to coat evenly and add the goat cheese, onion, peaches and pecans.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 559Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 614mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 6gSugar: 52gProtein: 12g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.
Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing
Looking for more healthy salad options that taste great?
Chicken BLT Salad with Citrus Tomatillo Dressing!
Southwest Penne & Romaine Salad