Pressure Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup is a healthy and easy 30 minute soup recipe made in your Instant Pot that is bursting with bold and spicy flavors!
Pressure Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Pressure Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup is my family’s favorite soup recipes for the winter. Whether I make it in the Instnat Pot or Crock Pot Tortilla Soup, I typically package some up in these deli containers and bring it over to my parent’s house so they can enjoy it. My Dad just mentioned, aka hinted, the other day that I haven’t made tortilla soup in awhile. I guess I better get a batch cooking!My mom hates cooking and really doesn’t like making anything outside of her old school hot dishes and roasts, so although she loves the soup, she rarely ever makes it for herself. She is happy when I make it for her though! Recently I wanted to make it last minute so I made us some of this Pressure Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup and it turned out just as amazing but with a fraction of the time.
Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
The Instant Pot electric pressure cooker is so wonderful for making last minute weeknight dinners. Soup makes for some of the easiest recipes in the one pot cooker. From Pressure Cooker Butternut Squash Soup to Light Taco Soup, just about any soup recipe can easily be adapted to be made in you Instant Pot.
Simple Instant Pot Recipes
One of my all-time favorites in the Instant Pot is this Pressure Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken & Noodles. It is such a flavorful and hearty dish that I keep making it over and over, very similarly to this chicken tortilla soup!
You can also throw a pot roast, some chicken breasts or pasta in the Instant Pot for and easy and amazing dinner. It has so many great uses apart from pressure cooking, such as slow cooking or yogurt making, that you really can’t go wrong with having this gadget in your kitchen.
More Pressure Cooker Soup Recipes
- Pressure Cooker Hamburger & Pasta Soup
- Pressure Cooker Creamy Carrot Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- Healthy Pressure Cooker White Chicken Chili Soup
- Lemon Chicken & Brown Rice Soup in Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot Cabbage, Beef & Rice Soup
- Pressure Cooker Creamy Garden Tomato Soup
- Pressure Cooker Stuffed Pepper Sausage Soup
- Creamy Ham & Tortellini Soup in Pressure Cooker
- 6 c. low sodium chicken broth
- ⅓ c. Masa corn flour, you can substitute all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1.5 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lg. sweet onion, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Pico de gallo
- Lime wedges
- Tortilla chips
- Non-fat plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Whisk the corn flour, tomato paste and spices into 1 cup of chicken broth until smooth.
- Add the remaining chicken broth to your electric pressure cooker along with the flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Add the chicken and onion and seal the lid. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Using a quick release method, release the pressure from the pot. Remove the chicken breasts and on a plate or cutting board, shred them using two forks.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot along with the lime juice and serve immediately with the optional garnishes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 530 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 99mg Sodium: 750mg Carbohydrates: 55g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 50g