Pressure Cooker Hamburger & Pasta Soup is a healthy and easy 30 minute soup recipe made in your Instant Pot full of vegetables, beef and pasta in a tomato broth.
Pressure Cooker Hamburger & Pasta Soup
Our house has been hit hard with RSV and we are all suffering from colds. My husband started this mess and despite our best efforts, he passed it along to the twins and I. Unfortunately this has resulted in a hospital stay for both of the babies. We are starting to see light at the end of the tunnel, but I can’t wait to get home to be with both of my babies instead of being couped up in the hospital. While here, I have been living off of soups. Surprisingly enough, the hospital makes a really good homemade chili and chicken noodle soup and they have a great bedside service. There is just something about being sick that makes the body crave a warm bowl of soup. This Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe is a personal favorite of mine while sick, because it really clears you would with the heat and spice. While the hospital food is relatively good, I would give anything to be snuggled on my sofa with my babies and a big homemade bowl of this Pressure Cooker Hamburger & Pasta Soup from my Instant Pot!
I first made this soup while I was pregnant and desperatly trying to sneak some vegetables into my diet. I didn’t have much of an appetitie throughout my pregancy, which resulted in less than stellar eating habits. I would utimately just grab something quick and easy so that I ate at the very least seeing I was so tired. This unfortunately didn’t include the more well rounded diet of veggies though.
I decided to whip up a batch of this Pressure Cooker Hamburger & Pasta Soup so I could have some healthy dinners for a week. It is such an easy 30 minute recipe that even my very tired pregnant self could manage enough energy to make it after work. Add some ground beef to your Instant Pot and brown it up, dump in the remaining ingredientes and set it and forget it. Easy Peazy!
It is full of hearty pasta and meat to fill you up, vegetables to add some nutrients and a nicely seasoned tomato broth for great flavor! It is a family friendly recipe perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 c. matchstick carrots, or very thinly sliced carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 14 oz. pasta sauce
- 7 oz. box small shells pasta
- ½ c. fresh basil, chopped
- Turn your electric pressure cooker to saute function and add the olive oil. Once heated up, add the hamburger and break apart while cooking for 3 minutes. Add the onion, salt, garlic, papricka and chili powder. Continue cooking until the meat is no longer pink. Add the remaining all of the remaining ingredients except the basil and give it a quick stir. Cover and place the vent to seal.
- Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Release the pressure and remove the lid. Stir in the chopped basil until it is wilted and serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 2057mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 25g