Pressure Cooker Lemon Chicken & Brown Rice Soup is an easy and healthy recipe made in your Instant Pot. The lemon twist on this classic chicken noodle soup recipe is light and refreshing, perfect any time of the year!
Pressure Cooker Lemon Chicken & Brown Rice Soup
Chicken noodle soup is a classic comfort food that just about everyone has enjoyed from childhood on. Whether you are feeling under the weather or are just looking to warm up with a yummy bowl of soup, it is a go-to for all occasions. I was craving some chicken soup, but I wanted to speed things up and make them a little bit healthier. I decided to use my Instant Pot to make this Pressure Cooker Lemon Chicken & Brown Rice Soup.
The lemon twist is light and refreshing and perfect for summer. I opted for brown rice instead of noodles to make things lighter and healthier. Brown rice is also great in this recipe because it takes the same amount of time to cook in your pressure cooker as the chicken. If you were to use white rice instead, you would be left with mushy rice.
You gotta love the Instant Pot for cooking because you can can make everything right in one pot. I am all about the easy cleanup. For this Pressure Cooker Lemon Chicken & Brown Rice Soup you just saute up the onions in a little butter or oil and then toss all the vegetables and boneless skinless chicken breasts into the pot. Cook it for 10 minutes and allow for a 10 minute natural release.
When everything is done cooking, just remove the chicken breasts from the pot to shred them up. Either use two forks to shred them by hand, or if you are in a pinch for time, toss them in a bowl and use your beaters to shred them up extra quick!
Be sure not to skip out on the Better Than Boullion. It is a great ingredient to add to any chicken based soup for an extra kick of flavor. It will be missed if you don’t include it. You can find it in just about any grocery store by the canned broth section.
- 2 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. diced garlic
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3 c. chopped carrots
- 1 Tbsp. Better Than Boullion
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. dried Italian herbs
- 2/3 c. long grain brown rice, uncooked
- 20 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 12 c. chicken stock
- Turn your electric pressure cooker to the saute function on high. Saute the onions in the butter for 2-3 minutes, or until translucent. Add the garlic to the onions and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Allow the pressure to release for 10 minutes and open the valve to vent.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the pot and shred using two forks or in a large bowl with a hand mixer. Add the chicken back to the soup and serve with additional lemon slices.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 671mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 26g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.