Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders are a delicious low carb Airfryer recipe made with 3 simple ingredients. Spicy hot sauce and crunchy Panko breading create a perfect chicken strip for a healthy lunch or dinner.
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Chicken tenders are a household staple for our family when we are in a pinch. If we need a quick and simple dinner, we just toss some frozen chicken strips in our Airfryer. If I have an extra 5-10 minutes, I love to make homemade chicken tenders.
Now that we have two toddlers to feed, I prefer to give them as few processed foods as possible. This is why I made homemade Air Fryer Chicken Strips, so we could all enjoy the healthier option.
While they get the basic version of the classic, I like to spice things up with these Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders. If you ask my kids what my favorite food is, they will say spicy. HAHA!
Air Fryer Boneless Wings
There is something about cutting up raw chicken that just really doesn’t appeal to me. I don’t know what it is but I just do whatever possible to avoid the task. Therefore for these Air Fryer Chicken Tenders, I bought a pack of fresh chicken tenderloins that were already cut in the perfect size.
If you don’t have that same aversion, you can certainly buy boneless skinless chicken breast and slice them into one inch thick tenders. At the end of the day, it is totally worth it for these amazing Air Fryer Boneless Wings though!
Set up a breading station with a bowl of buffalo sauce, a bowl of Panko breadcrumbs and your chicken tenders. Be sure to pat your chicken dry before starting or the sauce won’t coat the chicken much.
The sauce is where all the flavor is at so that is a crucial step. Dip each chicken tender into the buffalo sauce and using your fingers, wipe off any excess. Roll the coated chicken in the Panko bread crumbs and carefully place in the Airfryer basket.
The cooking time for these Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders will vary slightly based on how thick you cut your chicken tenders. I cooked my chicken for 20 minutes and the meat was perfectly tender while the breading was wonderfully crispy.
Low Carb Chicken Recipe
The best part about these chicken strips, which makes them healthier than their frozen counterparts, is the light breading. Instead of a thick coating of deep fried breading, these Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders have a light Panko breading which makes for a great low-carb recipe.
If you are looking for a more complete healthy meal, these would be fantastic on the Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad. The crispy chicken strips paired with sharp white cheddar, fresh vegetables and a Light Bleu Cheese Dressing is a delicious combination of flavors and textures.
More healthy Air Fryer chicken recipes!
If you love a healthy homemade recipe in your Air Fryer as much as we do, be sure to check out some more of our favorites!
- Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Thighs
- Airfryer Baked Thai Peanut Chicken Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Everything Bagel Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Avocado Chicken Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Chicken Tikka Kebabs
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 c. buffalo wing sauce
- 2/3 c. Panko bread crumbs
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 inch thick strips. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Pour the buffalo sauce into a small bowl. Add the Panko breadcrumbs to a seperate small bowl.
- Dip the chicken strips into the buffalo sauce and using your fingers scrape off the excess sauce. Place the dipped chicken in the bowl of Panko break crumbs and coat evenly.
- Carefully arrange the breaded chicken in your Airfryer basket. Cook at 300° for 15-20 minutes or the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°. Serve immediately.
If you have a smaller Air Fryer, consider using a Double Layer Rack so they chicken can all crisp up evenly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Saturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 873mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 29g