Air Fryer Avocado Chicken Egg Rolls are and easy and healthy 20 minute recipe using leftover shredded chicken tossed with lime juice, green onions, bell pepper, diced avocado, and jalapenos for a little spice! They make a great appetizer or weeknight dinner made in the airfryer.
Air Fryer Avocado Chicken Egg Rolls
These Air Fryer Avocado Chicken Egg Rolls are SO easy to make. They only have seven ingredients, so there’s not much prep work. You just wrap them up and pop them in the airfryer. They’re done in ten minutes or less and you’ve got dinner on the table! They taste amazing, and they’re a fun way for kids to get a healthy dinner. For something a little different, check out my Airfryer Baked Thai Peanut Chicken Egg Rolls, too!
Avocado Egg Rolls in Air Fryer
Do you remember how much I love my Air Fryer? I use it all the time! I use it for everything from impressive appetizers like Honey Goat Cheese Balls to classic comfort food like Breaded Porkchops. It’s a lightning fast way to get a delicious dinner in no time, and it’s perfect for this avocado egg roll recipe. The wrappers get nice and crisp, without using a lot of oil like a traditional deep fryer. Exactly what you need for a healthy meal!
How Do I Stop My Air Fryer From Sticking?
Has your air fryer been sticking lately? There are a couple things you can do to help prevent food from sticking in your air fryer. First of all, if you’ve had your air fryer for a while, it’s probably time to give it a good cleaning if you haven’t recently. Most removable parts of an air fryer are dishwasher safe. Check your manual first of course! After everything is nice and clean, if you’re still having sticking issues, try a couple of these tips to keep your airfryer from sticking.
- When cooking food with lots of fat or grease you probably don’t need to grease your air fryer basket.
- When cooking food that doesn’t naturally have a lot of fat, like vegetable, try tossing them in olive oil.
- Avoid using cheap commercial sprays on your air fryer basket. They tend to degrade the coating of the basket because of the additives that are usually included. Instead, when you need to grease your basket wipe on olive oil with a paper towel, or use a sprayer that you can fill with pure oil and use that to lightly mist the basket.
- For delicate foods like fish, make a sling out of aluminum foil. That way you don’t have to try to pick it out of the basket when it’s done.
Can You Reheat Egg Rolls in Air Fryer?
Airfryers are great for reheating foods you want to keep crisp, like egg rolls! While they’re not great for reheating sensitive foods like scrambled eggs, anything you can reheat in an oven you can reheat perfectly in an airfryer. Pop your egg rolls in the air fryer for a couple minutes until they crisp up and are heated through, and you’re all set! It should only take about three minutes.
Can You Pre Make Egg Rolls?
You’re busy, running around after kids and keeping up with everything in your life. Dinner should be easy, and one way to make it easier is to make it ahead of time. Can you make egg rolls ahead of time? Absolutely! There are a few different ways to make egg rolls ahead of time.
- Mix up the filling, cover tightly with plastic, refrigerate for 3-4 days until needed, then spoon into wrappers and bake.
- Mix up the filling, store in a zip close bag in the freezer for 3-4 months, then thaw, spoon into wrappers and bake.
- Make and bake egg rolls, wrap well, refrigerate for 3-4 days, reheat in oven or air fryer.
- Make and bake egg rolls, wrap in plastic or store in a zip close bag, freeze for 3-4 months, then thaw and reheat.
Looking for More Air Fryer Recipes?
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Airfryer Buffalo Cauliflower Tots
- Crispy Roasted Onion Potatoes
- Toasted Sesame Aisian Chicken Salad
- Squash and Goat Cheese Pizza
- Air Fryer Ham and Three Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 c. shredded chicken
- 2 green onions, diced
- 3 Tbsp. diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 c. pickled jalapenos, fdiced
- 4 eggroll wrappers
- non-stick cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, toss avocado with lime juice. Add the chicken, green onion and bell pepper. Lightly toss until well combined.
- Lay the egg roll wrappers out on a clean dry surface. Over the bottom third of an egg roll wrapper, spoon 1/2 c. of the chicken and avocado mixture.
- Moisten the outside edges of the wrapper with water. Fold the sides of the wrapper toward the center and roll tightly.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.)
- Spray the assembled egg rolls with non-stick cooking spray. Turn them over and spray the back sides as well.
- Place the egg rolls in the Air Fryer and bake at 390° for 5 minutes. Turn them over and bake an additional 3-5 minutes, or until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Slice in half and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
If you are baking the egg rolls in an oven, place the seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2 egg rolls
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 477Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 677mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 9gSugar: 2gProtein: 26g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.