Air Fryer Everything Bagel Chicken Tenders are a healthy and flavorful AirFryer recipe served with a cream cheese and Greek yogurt dip for a fantastic appetizer or easy lunch.
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
These homemade Air Fryer Chicken Tenders with everything bagel seasoning are bursting with flavor! Much like my beloved Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders, they get nice and crispy without any added oil!
The seeds, garlic and onion flakes provide a nice crunchy coating without having a carb heavy breading. Not only does it provide a great coating, it is also packed full of flavor and health benefits.
Everything Bagel Seasoning
Sesame seeds are full of healthy fatty acids, Omega-6, fiber, iron, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. Some studies have shown that sesame seeds healthy benefits may include lowering cholesterol, blood pressure and improving bone health.
Everything bagel seasoning is not only loaded with healthy sesame seeds but they also have poppy seeds which are rich source of thiamin and folate. Most importantly this seasoning is packed full of flavor. From Everything Bagel Hummus to sprinkling some on Breakfast Tacos, it can add yummy flavor to just about anything.
For this recipe do NOT use a jar of pre-made Everything Bagel Seasoning. While it is a little more convenient to pick up a jar at Aldi’s or Trader Joes, they are packed with so much sea salt that you will have to throw your chicken out. Trust me, the first time I tried making this recipe, I made that mistake! It’s worth the added two minutes to just mix your own seasoning.
Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
I recently upgraded my beloved AirFryer to an XXL version for maximum capacity. I love that I can now fit a pound of chicken tenders in a single layer for optimal crunchy goodness! If you have a smaller version, you can stack them or get an add-on AirFryer double layer rack. This will let you layer them so they don’t stick together.
The larger Air Fryer makes recipes like these Airfryer Crispy Roasted Onion Potatoes and Airfryer Parmesan Dill Fried Pickle Chips much easier. If you overfill an Airfryer basket it will take forever for the food to cook through and won’t get it as crispy.
While my Everything Chicken Tenders were cooking up, I decided to make my own dipping sauce. While buffalo sauce, guacamole or even ranch would go great with these, it only seemed natural to serve them with a cream cheese spread.
With one part cream cheese and two parts Greek yogurt, this sauce is on the lighter side while still tasting like a rich dipping sauce. A dash of Worcestershire sauce adds that final punch of flavor that ties everything together wonderfully!
I am so in love with the combination of flavors in the crunchy chicken tenders and cream cheese dipping sauce that I have made it countless times. It would make for a fantastic appetizer at your Super Bowl party or a great low carb lunch you can feel good about.
More Chicken Air Fryer Recipes!
- Air Fryer Avocado Chicken Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Crispy Chicken & Avocado Cobb Salad
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Airfryer Baked Thai Peanut Chicken Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- 3 Tbsp. white sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 3 Tbsp. dried garlic flakes
- 3 Tbsp. dried onion flakes
- 3 tsp. course sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 c. whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Add the egg to one shallow bowl and whisk until well beaten.
- To a second bowl, add the seeds, garlic, onion and sea salt.
- Slice the chicken breasts into long 1 inch thick tenders.
- Dip each chicken tender in the egg and scrape excess off with your fingers. Roll in the everything mixture until well coated. Place the coated tender in the Air Fryer basket.
- Repeat until all the tenders are coated.
- Cook in the AirFryer at 350° for 10 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°. (thicker chicken tenders will take longer)
- While the chicken is cooking, in a small bowl whisk together the dipping sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Serve hot chicken with cream cheese dipping sauce on the side.
WARNING - Do NOT use pre-made everything bagel seasoning. The pre-made jars have far more salt, which will be overwhelming.
If you don't have black sesame seeds, substitute more white sesame seeds.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 359Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 1898mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 43g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.