Pressure Cooker Creamy Mushroom Beef Soup is an easy and hearty 30 minute dinner in your Instant Pot. This low carb vegetable beef soup recipe is a healthy dinner that the whole family will love!
Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
Growing up we regularly had vegetable beef soup for dinner. My Mom’s freezer was stocked full of all sorts of beef cuts from the cattle we raised and she was always finding ways to use it up.
She usually opted for more of a beef and vegetable stew that had potatoes in it. Because naturally she had to use up the bountiful harvest of potatoes from the garden as well! Unfortunately for her though, she did’t have the convenience of an electric pressure cooker.
Low Carb Beef Soup
Beef stew was never really my jam as a child, but I have come to appreciate a good beef soup as I have grown up.
For this particular Pressure Cooker Creamy Mushroom Beef Soup, I highlighted mushroom and eliminated the potatoes. For some added richness, we thicken the broth a bit and add cream. Who doesn’t love creamy mushrooms!?
Not only do I enjoy the flavor and texture more, it is a great low-carb dinner recipe that is perfect for those following a Keto diet. While it might not be full of carbs, it still is wonderfully hearty with the rich meat, loads of mushrooms and sweet carrots.
What Kind of Mushrooms should I use in beef soup?
The beauty of beef soup is that it works well with just about any mushrooms. I really like using a variety of mushrooms to add more depth to the recipe.
I had a small package of Baby Bella mushrooms in my refrigerator, so I added another small pack of simple white mushrooms to get my full pound of the produce.
Whether you have beautiful Portobellos you need to use up or the cheapest mushroom from the market, they will all work great!
Can I use chicken or vegetable stock?
If you don’t have beef broth on hand and want to through this Creamy Mushroom Beef soup in your pressure cook, you can certainly substitute any broth.
Vegetable and chicken broth are both good substitutes. If you don’t have those, you can always use bouillon and water in a pinch. More ideally than bouillon is Better than Bouillon. It is more flavorful than the traditional dried cubes.
More delicious pressure cooker soup recipes!
Soup is one of the easiest recipes to make in your Instant Pot. Just throw everything in and enjoy your dinner in less than 30 minutes. Here are some more great recipe to make in your IP!
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Pressure Cooker Butternut Squash Soup
- Pressure Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Pressure Cooker Lemon Chicken Brown Rice
- Pressure Cooker Stuffed Sausage Soup
Pressure Cooker Creamy Mushroom Beef Soup
Pressure Cooker Creamy Mushroom Beef Soup is an easy and hearty dinner in your Instant Pot that the whole family will love! This low carb recipe is made with tender beef, carrots, mushrooms and a beef and cream broth.
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 lb. beef stew meat
- 6 c. beef broth
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 c. chopped carrots
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1 c. cream
- 1/4 c. flour
- fresh thyme for garnish
- Turn your electric pressure cooker to saute and add the butter. When melted, add the beef and brown for 2-3 minutes. Add one cup of beef broth and stir while scraping the bottom bits up to deglaze.
- Add the remaining beef broth, vegetables, spices, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaf.
- Give a quick stir and place the lid on the pot. Turn the knob to seal and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When the electric pressure cooker beeps after cooking under full pressure for 10 minutes carefully turn the knob to vent. Use a wooden spoon and/or oven mitt to do this to ensure you aren't burned by the steam.
- Remove the bay leaf from the pot and discard.
- Remove one cup of broth from the pot and add the flour to the liquid. Whisk with a fork until smooth. Return the slurry to the pot and stir until the soup has thickened a bit.
- Stir in the cream and serve with fresh thyme sprigs.
Any mushrooms will work and a variety is ideal. I use 8 oz. white mushroom sand 8 oz. baby bellas.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 424Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 157mgSodium: 892mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 42g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.
Leave a Reply