These Peanut Butter Jelly Stuffed Cookies are the perfect balance of sweet and salty goodness. This dessert recipe starts with a moist peanut butter cookie dough and is stuffed with your favorite jam for a cookie that embodies your favorite childhood snack!
Jelly Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
In the realm of sweet treats, few combinations evoke as much fondness as the classic pairing of peanut butter and jelly. Now, imagine the irresistible allure of a soft and chewy peanut butter cookie, filled with a surprise burst of sweet strawberry jelly.
With every bite, the tender cookie is paired with jelly, perfectly complementing the rich, nutty notes of the peanut butter. You will be making these Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies over and over!
Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
This recipe starts with a simple peanut butter cookie dough. Here is what you will need,
- All purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking soda
- Creamy peanut butter
- Light corn syrup
Slice & Chill Cookie Dough
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add the shortening and peanut butter and mix with beaters until dough is coarse and crumbly. Stir in the corn syrup and milk. Mix well.
Shape the peanut butter cookie dough into a log that is 2 inches in diameter. Wrap the dough in waxed paper or cling wrap. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or freeze for 1 hour.
How to Fill Cookies
After the cookie dough has properly chilled, slice the log into 1/4 inch thick cookies. Arrange half of the cookies 3 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Top each raw cookie with a teaspoon of jam. Top each cookie with another cookie slices. Seal each cookie with a fork by pressing the edges together.
Bake at 350°F for 12 to 14 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes then carefully remove from pans and place on wire racks to cool.
Store cooled cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
The beauty of this recipe is that it keeps very well. The peanut butter cookie dough in addition to the jelly, keeps nice and moist. They don’t dry out quickly at all.
If you are wanting to add some variety to your stuffed peanut butter cookies, here are some more great filling ideas. Make them all different or try something new each time you make them!
- Creamy peanut butter – Double down on the peanut butter goodness and fill the cookies with even more peanut butter!
- Nutella – You can’t go wrong with the combination of peanut butter an chocolate.
- Apple butter – This would be a fantastic treat for the fall. Who doesn’t love peanut butter and apples paired together.
- Cookie butter – This stuff makes just about everything better!
- Fresh fruit sauces – While jams and jellies are an easy go-to, a fresh sauce made from fruit would be fantastic as well. This Rhubarb Honey Sauce would be divine in peanut butter cookies.
More Unique Cookie Recipes!
If you are looking for more unique cookie recipe to try out we have got you covered. Check out some of our favorites below.
- Coconut Straw Hat Cookies – These are a family favorite that start with a sugar cookie, and are topped with a caramel dipped marshmallow that is rolled in toasted coconut.
- Smores Thumbprint Cookies – All the flavors of summer smores with toasted marshmallows rolled into one delicious cookie.
- Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies in a Jar – This chewy cookie studded with white chocolate chips and dried cranberries is the perfect gift for that person you just don’t know what to get.
- Apple Pie Cookies – All of the goodness of a classic pie in cookie form!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup Strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add the shortening and peanut butter and mix with beaters until dough is coarse and crumbly.
- Stir in the corn syrup and milk; mix well.
- Shape the peanut butter cookie dough into a log that is 2 inches in diameter. Wrap the dough in waxed paper or cling wrap. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or freeze for 1 hour.
Jelly Stuffed Cookies
- Slice the log into 1/4 inch thick cookies. Arrange half of the cookies 3 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Top each cookie with a teaspoon of jam. Cover with another cookie slice. Seal each cookie with a fork by pressing the edges together.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 to 14 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes then remove from pans and place on wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 154mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 33gProtein: 4g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.