Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies in a Pint Jar are a recipe perfect for sharing a sweet dessert with friends and family or for a unique idea when making affordable holiday gifts! Make yours with the free printable label included.
Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies in a Pint Jar
Mason jars are great for so many things like salad recipes to bring to lunch at work or cute and unique storage solutions. They are also perfect for gifting during the holidays or special events! They aren’t just good for your grandma’s canning anymore. 😉 I was searching for a favor idea for my sister-in-law’s baby shower and I came across these wonderful Cranberry Bliss Cookies in a jar over at Launder, Fold, Repeat and knew I needed to give them a try.
I started to do the math on how much it would cost to make enough for the anticipated 30 people coming and it started to get a little steep. I really liked the idea though and didn’t want to have to scrap it. Then I realized I could do a pint size jar instead of quart, and it would cost almost half as much. Since my mom already had a ton of pint size canning jars I only had to buy one pack of 12. After shopping around for sales on white chocolate chips and finding dried cranberries in 48oz bags for under $7 at Sams Club, I was good to go. These were the two most expensive items and I was able to significantly cut down on costs by planning ahead.
It wouldn’t be as simple as cutting the quart recipe in half. Trust me, I tried that (lazy) way, but the cookies came out too sweet and they spread too thin. After playing around with many different combinations of flour and sugar I finally came up with what I think is a great pint cookie jar recipe. They have the perfect amount of chewiness with a thicker cake-like texture and great balance of sweetness.
Best of all, this smaller pint sized jar makes for a smaller batch of cookies for when you are craving something sweet but don’t want to make a huge batch of baked goods. Just add some butter, egg and vanilla and you have got delicious cookies hot out of the oven in no time!
If you are giving these as a gift, be sure to include a tag with them, so the recipient knows how to prepare them! You can download these free Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Pint Jar Labels I have created to go along with the cookie jars. These labels can but cut out and attached with a ribbon, or they are designed to print with these Avery round 2″ labels.
- Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies in a Jar - Pint Mix
- 1/3 c. packed brown sugar
- ¼. Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/3 c. + 1 Tbsp. All purpose flour
- ½ c. Quick oats
- ½ c. Dried cranberries
- ½ c. White chocolate chips
- ¼ c. softened butter
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- In a pint jar, pack the brown sugar into the base. (I used a muddler from my bar set.) On top of the sugar add the cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the flour and gently shake the jar back and forth to even out the layer of flour. Do the same with the oats and then dried cranberries. At this point you will need to squish the cranberries down to make room for the white chocolate chips. If your chips don’t reach the top of the jar lid, add a few extra to fill the jar. You don’t want any empty space or the layers in the jar will get mixed up and not look very pretty.
- Include a tag with the jar with the instructions on how to prepare the cookies.
- Add ¼ c. softened butter, 1 egg & ½ tsp. vanilla.
- Pour mix into a medium bowl and beat in the butter, egg and vanilla. Drop by Tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes at 375. Cool and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g