Mini Strawberry Lemon Pies are the perfect dessert recipe to serve your party guests for an individual sweet they will love! A flaky pie crust is topped with a lemon cream cheese layer, fresh strawberries and a sweet strawberry sauce for tons of great flavor and texture!
Mini Strawberry Lemon Pies
Life is all about balance. On Monday, I shared a great recipe for Spicy Kale Chips, so to even things out I figured I would share one of my favorite dessert recipes today, Mini Strawberry Lemon Pies! Mini Pies are my new favorite way to enjoy dessert. From Mini Blueberry Meyer Lemon Cream Pies to S’mores Mini No-Bake Pies, they are just so cute and adorable, and absolutely perfect for serving party guests!
There are two essentials for this recipe. The first is a set of mini pie tins and the second is this Flakey Pie Crust Recipe. If you are desperate or just feeling lazy, you can always use refrigerated pie crust, but they just won’t be quite as good as the homemade version!
Roll your dough out to 1/8″ thick and cut out circles from the dough that are 1 inch larger in diameter than the pie tin. If this sounds like too much math for you, you can opt for my favorite mini pie tin that includes a cutter for the perfect size every time.
While you are baking up your empty crusts, you can start making the easy strawberry lemon sauce that will add sweetness to the dessert as well as seal in the freshness of the strawberries.
You can mash your strawberries by hand, but I opted for the easy method of adding them to my food processor along with all the other sauce ingredients. In a matter of seconds, the sauce was smooth and ready to be cooked.
After the sauce has thickened and the pie crusts have cooled it is time to assemble your mini strawberry pies! Gently spread some lemon cream cheese on the bottom of the crust, to keep the crust from becoming soggy. Top that with fresh strawberries and spread a generous amount of the strawberry sauce over the top. It is easy as that and you have an impressive dessert your guests will love!
Strawberry pie is one of my favorite summer desserts and this fun new twist makes it perfect for sharing and parties! I just love serving up party guests their very own little individual pie. It might take a little longer than making a regular pie, but strawberry pie is notoriously difficult to cut into a nice clean slice. These little pies are the perfect solution!
Mini Strawberry Lemon Pies
- double pie crust
- 1 egg white beaten
- 10 c. strawberries cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 4 oz. cream cheese whipped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- Preheat your oven to 425°. Roll out the double pie crust into two 1/8" thick pieces. Cut the crust into eight 5-6" circles. Press the crust into 8 greased mini pie tins. Pinch the edges oof the crust and poke holes in the bottom using a fork. (This will prevent large bubbles forming in the crust.) Brush with the beaten egg white over the crust and bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Puree 2 cups of strawberries in a food processor and add the sugar, flour, cornstarch, salt and water. Pour mixture into a small saucepan and bring to a boil and cook for one minute or until thickened. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice and honey until smooth. Spoon a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into bottom of each pie crust, being sure to coat the bottom of each crust entirely.
- Arrange 1 cup of strawberries evenly on top of the cream cheese mixture on each pie. Spoon the syrup over the strawberries so they are coated entirely. Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to one day.