We are wrapping up S’mores week here at Krafted Koch and I want to give a huge shout out to Lisa over at Wine and Glue for taking the time to organize this fun week for so many of us to share our favorite S’mores treats. To wrap up all of the S’mores goodness this week, I am sharing these delectable little S’mores Mini No-Bake Cream Pies. This refrigerated cream pie recipes is so simply, you just add everything to a mixer and you have these adorable mini pies in less than 15 minutes!
When I used to manage a cafe and was in charge of doing the baking, there would be large crowds that would come in and virtually clear out the pie case. Instead of slaving away in the kitchen baking pie crusts and cutting up fruit for fillings, my quick go-to pie recipe in a pinch was a version of this cream pie. I could add different instant pudding flavors and fillings to quickly change the flavor profile, but keep the same great base that everyone loved. This was definitely one of the patrons favorite pie recipes on a hot summer afternoon!
In this particular version, I added some marshmallow fluff and mini marshmallows with chocolate chips for that perfect S’mores flavor. If you are looking for something to bring to a gathering and don’t want to hassle with the mini pies, or perhaps you just don’t have enough space in your refrigerator to store them (not that they will last long!), you can easily use one batch of the filling to fill one large graham cracker crust for a traditional sized pie.
With the conclusion of S’mores week, I wanted to share a tip I recently learned. You can freeze marshmallows! Marshmallows are one of those things I don’t use all that often, so when I do purchase them, some often go to waste. Not any more! I pop them in the freezer and when I am ready to use them again, I just take out what I need. The beauty of this, is that due to the texture of marshmallows, they thaw out in a matter of minutes. For this particular recipe, I added my marshmallows right from the freezer, and by the time I was done mixing the cream filling, they were all thawed out. Now you can make S’mores recipes any time with your stash of marshmallows in the freezer! 🙂
S'mores Mini No-Bake Cream Pies
- 3.4 oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 3/4 c. milk
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 7 oz. jar marshmallow fluff
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1.5 c. mini marshmallows
- 1 tub cool whip
- 12 mini or 1 large prepared graham cracker crusts
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with a mixer on high, until smooth. Add the milk and pudding mix and continue beating on high for a few minutes until the pudding has begun to thicken the mixture.
- Gently fold in your marshmallow fluff followed by the cool whip, chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
- Spoon the mixture into the pie crusts and chill in the refrigerator before serving. Garnish with extra chocolate chips, marshmallows and graham crackers.