Honey Sriracha Meatball Bowls are a healthy 30 minute meal prep recipe bursting with bold flavors! Roasted meatballs are glazed in a sweet and spicy Greek yogurt sauce and served with lightly pickled cucumbers and brown rice for a delicious and complete dinner.
Honey Sriracha Meatballs
I am all for a good healthy bowl recipe and these Honey Sriracha Meatball Bowls are no exception! Other favorites include Cuban Chicken Rice Bowl, Greek Chicken Pita Bowl and Pulled Pork Bowls with Avocado Slaw.
The sweet and spicy Asian inspired flavors in this easy recipe are absolutely delicious. I meal prepped a few of these bowls in my favorite glass meal prep containers and I have been excitedly reaching for them for quick and easy lunches. If I am excited about leftovers, you know it is an amazing recipe!
How to Make Meatball Bowls
The meatballs are made with ginger sriracha and soy sauce and roasted in the oven until the outsides nice and browned and the insides are tender and flavorful.
The honey sriracha meatballs are glazed in a spicy Greek yogurt sauce. It adds a creamy element along with lots of great flavor and spice. You can make the sauce as spicy or sweet as you want by adjusting the honey and sriracha.
I didn’t add too much sriracha before scooping some out for my toddlers in their meatball bowls. For myself, I loaded it up with more. You can also just finish off the bowl with a drizzle of sriracha if that is easier.
Healthy Meatball Meal Prep
The glazed meatballs are served in a bowl with quick pickled cucumbers. While the meatballs are baking, just toss the peeled and chopped cucumbers in some rice wine vinegar and a dash of sugar. If you want some more heat, add some red pepper flakes for more of a kick. The cool cucumbers are the perfect compliment to the creamy meatballs.
I used lean ground beef to make my meatballs, but if you want a really low fat meatball you can always use ground turkey. Just keep in mind, turkey doesn’t have as much moisture, so they will be a tad bit drier. I personally think the extra flavor from the hamburger is worth it paired with the healthy cucumbers and brown rice.
Meatballs are great for meal prep because they stay moist and are easy to reheat. Just heat them up for or or two minutes and you have an easy and delicious lunch in no time. They aren’t terrible cold either if you don’t have access to a microwave!
Brown Rice Meal Prep
Finally, serve the meatballs and cucumbers with some cooked rice or quinoa. I picked up some bags of Whole Grain Medley at the bend and dent store and my kids and I have really enjoyed them. They make for such quick and easy meals without the hassle of cooking rice on the stove top. Just pop them in the microwave for 90 seconds and viola, you have perfectly cooked rice and quinoa!
You can certainly make your own Minute Rice or Pressure Cooker Quinoa if you prefer while the meatballs are baking though. Be sure to give these Honey Sriracha Meatball Bowls a try. If you like sweet and savory Asian flavors, you are sure to love this recipe!
If you don’t have time or energy to meal prep your own recipes, check out my Factor 75 review for my favorite meal delivery service. I use them on weeks when there is just too much going on to spend time on meal prep. I love them for their fresh and high quality meals they delivery right to my door for zero hassle on my part. They offer lots of hearty and healthy meals like this Honey Sriracha Meatball Bowls.
More Asian Inspired Meal Prep Recipes!
- Pressure Cooker Korean Beef Bowl
- Thai Peanut Chicken Crunch Slaw Salad
- Light Creamy Chinese Chicken Salad
- Pressure Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken & Noodles
- Turkey Egg Roll Bowl with Creamy Sriracha
- Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Sheet Pan Recipe
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 3 scallions
- 4 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. ginger paste
- 1 tsp. sriracha
- 1/3 c. Panko breadcrumbs
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 c. plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sriracha
- 1 cucumber
- 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Peel and chop the cucumber. In a medium bowl, add the cucumber, rice wine vinegar and optional chili flakes. Toss the cucumbers so they are well coated and set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, Panko bread crumbs, ginger, scallion whites (reserve the green scallions for garnish) salt and pepper. Form into 16 meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a lined baking sheet and roast on the top rack at 425° for 15 minutes, or until the meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165°.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce and toss until they are well coated. Serve over a bed of brown rice, garnished with green scallions.
- Serve the pickled cucumbers on the side.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 394 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 105mg Sodium: 966mg Carbohydrates: 20g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 11g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 37g