Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Pineapple Quesadillas are an easy and delicious weeknight dinner recipe made in your slow cooker with fresh pineapple and shredded cheddar, all melted in a crispy tortilla!
Slow Cooker Chicken Quesadilla
These Crock Pot BBQ Chicken & Pineapple Quesadillas with melted cheese are an easy Crock Pot meal you can set and forget that your whole family will love!
About a month ago, all of my family was home for a weekend, and my mom asked me to make something for dinner as usual. I struggle a bit with what to make for my siblings, because I love trying different things like Honey Sriracha Meatball Bowls or Baked Honey Feta Squash Salad. Most of my family are pretty stuck in their box of hot dish and roasts that we grew up with. So while I like to push their boundaries a little, I try not to take it too far.
Quick and Easy Dinner Recipe
I had a photoshoot in my home-studio that afternoon, so I wanted a quick and easy recipe that wouldn’t take a lot of time. I got to thinking, everyone loves BBQ chicken with melted cheese, right?! But that would just be too simple, so I added some pineapple to the mix. I just love the sweet, juicy pineapple paired with something savory.
Family Friendly Recipe
I decided to hold off on adding the pineapple into the Crock Pot for these Crock Pot Chicken Quesadillas to make it more of a family friendly recipe. We have a couple of picky eaters who don’t like pineapple on savory things…ahem my sister-in-law, so I tried to accommodate everyone
By leaving it off, I was able to leave the pineapple off of their quesadillas before grilling them up, while the rest of us got to enjoy the fresh fruit mixed in. If you want to streamline this meal, simply add a drained large can of pineapple tidbits to the Crock Pot to cut out a step.
Surprisingly enough, everyone was a fan, picky eaters and all! My sister-in-law actually just requested this recipe, so I thought I would get it up on the blog for everyone to enjoy!
More Amazing Pineapple Chicken Recipes!
- Pineapple Chicken Bacon Pizza
- Roasted Jalapeño, Pineapple & Chicken Tenders
- Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- BBQ Chicken Cheddar Pineapple Tostadas
- 8 wheat flour 10" tortillas
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 c. BBQ sauce, divided
- 1 c. onion, diced
- 4 c. fresh pineapple, sliced thinly
- 2 c. shredded cheddar
- cilantro - optional garnish
- Spray your Crock Pot with pan spray, and add the onions, chicken breasts and 1 c. BBQ sauce. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Let the chicken cool for 10 minutes, then with two forks begin shredding the meat. Stir the mixture well to combine the meat and sauce.
- On each tortilla half, spread 1/2 c. meat mixture. On the other half, layer 1 Tbsp. BBQ sauce, 1/4 c. shredded cheese and 1/2 c. pineapple slices.
- Fold the quesadillas in half and spray each side with pan spray.
- Place quesadillas on a hot griddle or frying pan and cook on each side for 1-2 minutes until crispy.
- Remove from heat, and slice in three sections. Serve topped with optional cilantro.
If you don't have fresh pineapple, canned chunks or slices of pineapple will work.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 quesadilla
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 510Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 996mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 4gSugar: 27gProtein: 30g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.