Cheesy Sour Cream Hamburger Hotdish is an easy and comforting dinner idea full of hearty hamburger, vegetables and pasta. This family friendly hotdish recipe is sure to be a staple in your meal plans!
Did you grow up on casseroles and hotdish recipes? I know our family sure did living in the country! Over the years I have steered somewhat clear of the comfort food, but over time I find myself craving them every now and again. As an adult I typically like to lighten them up, like this Light Turkey Noodle Casserole or Light Cheesy Chicken Sausage & Rice Casserole.
Sometimes you are just craving something hearty and comforting from your childhood and that is when a dinner like Baked Meatballs or Cheesy Sour Cream Hamburger Hotdish sounds like perfection!
If you are looking for balance but still want to give this hearty casserole a try, you could certainly pair it with a salad like this Apple Slaw Salad or some veggies like Roasted Caesar Asparagus. Everything in moderation is my motto!
This hamburger hotdish recipe certainly isn’t lacking in the richness department though. Ground beef is mixed with sour cream and cream cheese along with some veggies and egg noodles. It is topped with cheese for a deliciously rich dish the whole family will love!
Hamburger Hot Dish Recipe
Quite frankly, if you are looking for a light and healthy dish though, you are looking in the wrong place today. 😉 (See the healthy recipe archives for that!) I won’t judge you for passing up on this delicious hot dish if it doesn’t fit in your diet, but I promise you are missing out! Save this recipe for a cheat day and all will be right.
How to make Hamburger Hotdish
To make this simple hotdish, get started by sautéing the hamburger in a large skillet over medium-high heat while breaking it up with a meat chopper. Add the onion, sweet bell pepper, garlic and salt and cook for 5 minutes until the hamburger is cooked through. Stir the pasta sauce into the meat.
In a separate bowl, microwave the cream cheese until softened. Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan and cooked egg noodles in a greased 9×13 pan. Mix in the hamburger mixture, just until combined.
Top the hot dish with the shredded cheddar and Italian seasoning. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes, or until the hotdish is heated through. Serve up with some garlic butter swim biscuits for a hearty and comforting meal.
Midwest Comfort Food
This meal is perfect for a rainy day, or perhaps just a rough Monday. I know when the weather gets cold and gloomy like it is right now in the Midwest, I crave classic comfort foods to warm my body and soul.
This hot dish is sure to warm you up from the inside out and then put you into a nice cozy food coma! Best of all, the leftovers taste just as good the next day.
More hearty hotdish recipes!
Whether you are a Midwest gal looking for more variety in your hotdish lineup, or you just want some comfort food for a cool day, be sure to check out more of these great hotdish recipes!
- Easy Lasagna Skillet Recipe
- Cheesy Taco Pasta Skillet
- Pressure Cooker Pizza Noodle Casserole
- Southwestern Opa Ranch Casserole
- Cheesy Ham & Broccoli Tater Tot Hotdish
- 12 oz. package egg noodles, prepared
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp. diced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 24 oz. jar pasta sauce
- 1 c. sour cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 2/3 c. Parmesan
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute the hamburger while breaking it up with a meat chopper.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic and salt and cook for 5 minutes until the hamburger is cooked through. Add the pasta sauce and mix well.
- In a small bowl, add the cream cheese and microwave for 1 minute.
- In a sprayed 9"x13" dish, add the cooked egg noodles, sour cream, cream cheese and Parmesan. Mix until well combined. Add the hamburger mixture to the pan and stir until everything is loosely combined.
- Top with the shredded cheddar and Italian seasoning. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes, or until the hotdish is heated through. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 -8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 654Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 1473mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 27g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.