Pressure Cooker Light Pizza Noodle Casserole is an easy 30 minute family friendly dinner recipe made in your Instant Pot. Whole wheat pasta, lean hamburger, turkey pepperoni and pizza sauce combine to make this healthy and comforting meal.
Pressure Cooker Light Pizza Noodle Casserole
Growing up, Pizza Noodle Hotdish was one of my mom’s go-to dinner recipes. It was one of the few hotdishes I actually enjoyed to be honest. I don’t find myself making casseroles all that often anymore, but every now and again I crave some of that good hearty comfort food. This Pressure Cooker Light Pizza Noodle Casserole is my mom’s great recipe, lightened up with whole wheat pasta and turkey pepperoni and made much quicker and easier with the help of your Instant Pot!
How to Make Pressure Cooker Light Pizza Noodle Casserole
This is the kind of one pot dish that I love for a simple weeknight dinner. Turn your electric pressure cooker to saute and cook hamburger and onion for a few minutes. Add in the spices, turkey pepperoni, pizza sauce, mushrooms and pasta. Be sure to use whole wheat pasta because white pasta will cook faster and be mushy. If you aren’t a big fan of the texture of mushrooms you can skip them, but I recommend chopping them up finely. When they cook up with the hamburger you won’t even notice they are there.
Lock the lid in place and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Release the pressure from the Instant Pot when the cooking time is up and remove the lid. Allow the pasta to rest for 5 minutes and absorb some more of the liquid. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and you have a delicious dinner ready in less than 30 minutes!
Pressure Cooker Casserole Recipe
This easy dish is sure to be a hit with the whole family. Kids and adults will love all the great flavors of pizza made into an easy casserole recipe. Whether you are looking for a new dish to serve your picky eaters or just need to speed dinner up because life isn’t running on time, this is a must-try dish.
Grocery List for Light Pizza Noodle Casserole
- Lean ground beef
- Small onion
- Garlic powder
- Ground oregano
- Crushed red pepper
- Turkey pepperoni
- Fresh mushrooms
- Whole wheat rotini pasta
- Pizza sauce
- Grated Parmesan
- Mozzerella, Provolone or Havarti cheese
More comforting Instant Pot Casserole Recipes
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion , diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground oregano
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 c. turkey pepperoni, quartered
- 1 c. roughly chopped fresh mushrooms, optional
- 1 1/2 c. whole wheat rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 14 oz. jar pizza sauce
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan
- 3 oz. shredded Mozzerella, Provolone or Havarti cheese, optional
- Set your 5 or 6 quart electric pressure cooker to saute and add the hamburger and onion. Break up the hamburger and saute for 4-5 minutes so meat is lightly browned. Press cancel.
- Add the salt, garlic powder, oregano, crushed red pepper, pepperoni, pasta and water to the meat and give it a quick stir. Top with the pizza sauce and do NOT stir.
- Lock the electric pressure cooker lid in place and manually set to 4 minutes on high. Press start.
- When the time is up, quick release the pressure using an oven mitten to release the pressure nozzle. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and stir in the grated Parmesan cheese. Serve topped with shredded cheese.
Instruction for baking in the oven: EXCLUDE WATER FROM RECIPE
Boil the noodles until al dente. In a large deep oven proof skillet, saute the hamburger, onion, mushrooms and spices in a skillet until beef is cooked through.
Add the cooked noodles, pizza sauce, pepperoni, and Parmesan to the meat mixture. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Top with the shredded cheese and heat until the cheese is melted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 5 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 545 Saturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 103mg Sodium: 1315mg Carbohydrates: 55g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 7g Protein: 45g