Airfryer Honey Goat Cheese Balls are a simple 5 ingredient recipe filled with creamy goat cheese and drizzled in honey for a decadent appetizer perfect for any holiday party!
Air Fried Goat Cheese Balls
These Goat Cheese Balls are a lightened up version of the spectacular creation that is Fried Goat Cheese! Instead of deep frying them in oil, we bake them in the Air Fryer where they crisp up to golden brown perfection.
Goat cheese and honey is one of those amazing flavor pairings. It’s the savory equivalent of peanut butter and chocolate in my book. The salty goat cheese is complemented by the sweet honey for flavor perfection!
Once they started selling honey flavored goat cheese in my local grocery store, I was hooked. It’s basically all I ever use on my salads anymore. If you are looking for something a little more indulgent, these Airfryer Honey Goat Cheese Balls are absolute heaven.
How to make fried goat cheese in the Air Fryer
To get started, unpackage your soft goat cheese. It is sometimes called chevre and is usually found in the specialty cheese aisle in the grocery store.
Divide the 8 oz. of goat cheese into 24 balls. Roll them into tight balls and place them on a plate and freeze for at least 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, crack an egg in a small bowl and whisk it until beaten. Add the flour to a second small bowl and the panko breadcrumbs to a third small bowl.
When the goat cheese is frozen hard, one by one, dip the goat cheese balls into the flour, then the egg and lastly the Panko. Gently set them in the Air Fryer basket.
For the best effect, spray the goat cheese balls with a light mist of olive oil or pan spray. This will help them crisp up and brown better.
Once all of the goat cheese balls are assembled, cook on the highest temperature setting for 6-8 minutes, or until the breading is golden brown.
Serve the fried goat cheese balls with a drizzle of honey and enjoy!
Can I make Goat Cheese Balls ahead of time
Pockets of melted goat cheese are encompassed with a crispy Panko breading and finished off with a generous drizzle of honey. For added convenience, you can make them ahead of time and keep them in the freezer.
Bread all of the goat cheese balls and place them in a freezer container with a lid. Freeze up to 24 hours in advance.
Take them out of the freezer when you are ready to serve. Pop them in your Air Fryer for a 6-8 minutes and they are ready to serve guests. Recipes that are both delicious and easy to serve for parties are the real MVPs!
Why do I freeze goat cheese balls?
Freezing the balls of goat cheese balls is an essential step in the process of making fried goat cheese. It keeps the cheese from oozing out of the crust while the bread crumbs have enough time to crisp up.
Once the breading is golden brown, the cheese will have melted just enough to be warm and soft, but not running out of the goat cheese balls.
What kind of honey should I use?
This easy 5 ingredient recipe really highlights the simple ingredients, so it is important to use quality honey. The cheap super market honey will certainly work, but why not take the opportunity to buy a nice jar of honey for this elegant appetizer?
I really like the honey from Beesponsible®. Not only do they have a wide range of flavors, but they use responsible practices that respect the environment.
Air Fryer Party Appetizer
This recipe would be a great way to enjoy tasting honey. If you are hosting a part, serve a platter of these Fried Goat Cheese Balls with a few glasses of honey and allow guests to drizzle honey over their own balls.
It’s a fun interactive appetizer recipe and is fun trying to distinguish the different flavor notes in a variety of honey.
More amazing honey and goat cheese recipes!
If you love the combination of honey and goat cheese as much as I do, be sure to check out some more of these decadent recipes!
- Blueberry Balsamic Goat Cheese Appetizer – This easy goat cheese dip is one of my most popular recipes!
- Air Fryer Squash & Goat Cheese Pizza – This easy lunch or dinner recipe make in the Air Fryer is a fall treat that you must try.
- Fruit & Goat Cheese Chicken Bowls – This is an easy meal prep lunch recipe with 5 simple ingredients and such amazing flavors!
- Caprese Whipped Goat Cheese Dip – If tomatoes are in season, you can’t pass up this seasonal recipe with fresh flavors.
- 8 oz. soft goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup honey
- Divide the goat cheese into 24 pieces and roll into balls. Place on a plate and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Remove the frozen goat cheese balls from the freezer and one by one, dredge them in flour, then dip them in the beaten egg and finish by coating them in the Panko bread crumbs.
- When all of the goat cheese balls are breaded, either return them to the freezer for up to 12 hours or proceed with cooking.
- Arrange the goat cheese balls in your Airfryer basket.
- OPTIONAL: Spray the balls with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil for a little added crisp.
- Cook at 390° for 6-8 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Serve immediately drizzled with a generous amount of Bee Harmony Honey.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 50Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.