Cranberry Almond Energy Bites are a protein packed recipe that you can store in your freezer for a healthy and convenient snack or breakfast. Loaded with nutritional foods like chia seeds, ground flaxseed, peanut butter and almonds, they have plenty of protein, fiber and healthy fats to fill you up and give you the energy you need to conquer your day!
I am not a big breakfast person, in the sense that I am not going to wake up early to go cook some eggs and bacon before work. I usually grab a pre-packaged breakfast bar, but I wanted to make a healthier option without all the preservatives. I bagged these little energy bites up in re-sealable bag and popped them in the freezer.
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter HERE to keep up with all the new recipes!
As I am rushing out the door before work I grab a couple of these from the freezer and by the time I get to my desk they are thawed and ready for me to enjoy! These are also great at the end of the work day so I have the energy to get through my workout at the gym. Whether it is these Cranberry Almond Energy Bites, Blueberry Dark Chocolate Energy Bites or Monster Energy Bites, they are one of my favorite snacks!
I am putting more effort into planning ahead with my food for the week. I find that if I have healthy and delicious options like this already prepped and on hand, I am much more likely to make smart choices throughout the hectic work week. What are some of your best tips for staying on track?
- 1 c. oatmeal
- ⅓ c. almonds, chopped
- ⅓ c. sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed (optional)
- ½ c. nut butter (peanut or almond are both good)
- ¼ c. honey
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- ⅓ c. dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- Bake oatmeal, almonds and coconut for 8-10 minutes at 350°, stirring after 5 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool.
- In a medium bowl microwave the nut butter for 20-30 seconds until runny, add the baked mix along with flaxseed, honey, chia seeds and cranberries to the bowl. Form into 1.5" balls and refrigerate. Store in an airtight container refrigerated for up to one week or freezer for 3 months.