Twice Baked Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potatoes are a healthy and delicious dinner recipe loaded with vegetables, perfect for freezer meal prep!
Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potatoes
These Twice Baked Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potatoes are an easy and delicious dinner recipe loaded with creamy bleu cheese whipped sweet potatoes and topped with buffalo chicken, veggies and reduced fat cheese for a complete meal loaded with bold flavor. These make a great packed lunch or freezer meal for those lazy weeknight dinners when you want to enjoy a healthy meal.If you are looking for a vegetarian meal, you could easily skip the chicken and add some black beans and more veggies for a wonderfully satisfying vegetarian meal.
Healthy Meal Prep
Now that I am getting settled in to our new house, I am trying to transform some of my bad habits. Preparing healthy meals and eating better is at the top of the list. Now that I have a nice newly remodeled kitchen, with all the space I need, there are no more excuses. These buffalo chicken sweet potatoes are one of the recipes I meal prepped in the freezer for easy lunches.
Freezer Meal Prep Recipe
To meal prep these buffalo chicken sweet potatoes, just pack one portion into a resealable bag and toss them in the fridge or freezer. They freeze well up to 6 months. To enjoy the meal from the freezer, just take the sweet potato out the night before and place in the refrigerator so it can slowly thaw. Pop the thawed sweet potato in the microwave, air fryer or oven to heat it through and enjoy.
Another area I am trying to improve is my messy, cluttered, disorganized house! My old house was much smaller with very little storage space. That resulted in piles of stuff everywhere. It wasn’t as big of a deal to me with my old kitchen harvest gold laminate counters, but my new quartz counters are just too beautiful to have covered in junk!
I have started trying to change my habits, and every time I cook something I put everything back in its place before eating. If I walk in the house, I put my shoes and jacket in the closet and unpack and put away any bags I bring in. It just feels so darn good to come home to a clean and organized house.
My main concern is that this will be like every other time I have tried to change my old habits. It lasts for about a week or two and then it all goes back to the same old routine. I distinctly remember myself in college, telling myself at the start of every.single.semester, that THIS semester I would get my act together and go to all the classes, do all my homework, etc. etc. etc. Well, as you can guess, that lasted for a whopping week if I was lucky.
More buffalo chicken recipes!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/3 c. non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c. bleu cheese crumbles
- 1/3 c. carrots, finely diced
- 1/4 c. celery, finely diced
- 1/3 c. yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 c. chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 c. buffalo wing sauce
- 1/3 c. reduced fat Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Poke sweet potatoes in a few spots with a small knife. Bake at 400 for 45 minutes or until soft. Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow to cool until you can handle them.
- Meanwhile in a skillet over medium heat, saute the carrots, celery and onions for 8-10 minutes. Add the chicken to the pan and toss with buffalo sauce so everything is well coated. Set aside.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving 1/4" remaining around the edges so they hold their shape. In a food processor blend the sweet potato flesh, Greek yogurt and bleu cheese until smooth.
- Fill the potato skins with whipped bleu cheese mixture and using the back of a spoon, create a small divot in the center. Evenly divide the chicken and vegetable mixture among the four halves, filling the divots. Top the halves with a tablespoon of shredded cheese and return to oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and potatoes are warmed through. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 737mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 21g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.
21 Day Fix Approved Recipe – 1 Yellow, 1/2 Red, 1/2 Blue, 1/4 Green