Southwest Chicken Cobb Salad with Chipotle Lime Dressing combines grilled chicken breasts, fresh vegetables, cheese and crunchy tortilla strips into a hearty and healthy dinner salad with bold flavors!
Southwest Cobb Salad
Southwest Chicken Cobb Salad with Chipotle Lime Dressing combines so many of my favorite things. Grilled chicken breasts and sweet corn, fresh veggies, cheese, tortilla strips and a homemade Chipotle Lime Dressing make this a healthy and hearty salad for a dinner you will make again and again.
Homemade Salad Dressing
I love homemade salad dressings and this one is no exception. It is an exceptionally healthy and flavorful dressing with fresh lime juice, southwest spices, chipotles in adobo and Greek yogurt. It is one of my most popular salad dressings and for good reason. It packs a punch of flavor without all the preservatives!
You can certainly always use a store bought salad dressing for this, or any other salad for that matter. I know I do on occasion when I am in a crunch for time and just don’t want to bother with whipping up homemade dressing.
Best Dressing for Southwest Salad
It really is a mind trick though, because it literally only takes a few minutes to make and is so easy. Just throw all the ingredients in a tall container and blend it up with your immersion blender.
After I use my immersion blender, I just fill a bowl in the sink with a little soap water and blend the water with the blender to clean it up. Wham bam, easy peasy!
Chicken Cobb Salad Variations
This healthy Southwest Cobb Salad is full of fresh ingredients, but you can swap out some of the items for pantry items. Instead of fresh sweet corn, use some steamed frozen corn. If you don’t want to take the time to grill up chicken breasts, just used frozen cubed chicken that is already pre-cooked.
I use Manchego cheese for this salad because it has such incredible flavor. If you don’t have access to it you can certainly use a sharp cheddar or Pepperjack and it will still be great.
More Healthy Chicken Salad Recipes!
- Toasted Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
- Creamy Greek Chicken Salad in a Jar
- Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Chicken BLT Salad with Citrus Tomatillo Dressing
- 10 c. mixed greens
- 1 c. Chipotle Lime Southwest Dressing
- 1 c. diced tomatoes
- 1 c. shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 c. green onions diced
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1 c. tortilla strips
- 2 cobs of sweet corn
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp. southwest seasoning
- Rub the chicken breasts with the southwest seasoning and place on a sprayed skillet over high heat. Cook for 6-8 minutes until no longer pink in the center. Set aside.
- To the hot pan, add the husked sweet corn that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cook for 6-8 minutes, rotating every couple of minutes. Remove from heat, and using a cooking mit to handle the hot corn, cut it off of the cob. After the chicken has had a few minutes to sit, cut it into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss the mixed greens with the dressing and layer the top with tomatoes, cheese, green onions, avocados, sweet corn, chicken and tortilla strips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 555Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 126mgSodium: 2756mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 10gSugar: 7gProtein: 49g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.