Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are a traditional blonde brownie with a sweet and salty twist for a quick and easy dessert the whole family will love.
Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
As a child I was always perplexed by the sweet and salty combination. It just seemed odd to me. Why would you want to mix the two things?! As I have grown up, I have quickly realized that salt brings out the sweet flavors on a whole different level. This is coming from the girl who used to say she didn’t like salt. I know, I know, I was an idiot! Live and learn right. Now when I make any dessert like Crunchy Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bars, Peanut Butter Buckeye Brownie Cups or these Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, I am always sure to add a generous portion of salt to the recipe.
The base of this dessert is an old blonde brownie recipe my mom always made growing up as children. It basically tastes like a moist chewy chocolate chip cookie, but in bar form. The best part of all, is these bars come together in less than 30 minutes from start to finish because they are just so easy. I amped up the salt factor in this recipe with sea salt for my own little twist and they were a hit!
This recipe would be perfect for making a big heart cookie for Valentine’s Day or decorate the pan with some frosting for a birthday surprise. It tastes much better than any of those huge cookies you will buy at the mall!
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. margarine or butter softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1 pkg, 10 oz. dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- In a medium bowl, beat the sugars, margarine and vanilla. Add in the egg and blend until just combined.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt until well combined. Mix in chocolate chips and spread in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 375° for 14 to 16 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt immediately after removing the bars from the oven. Allow to cool to room temperature before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g