Crunchy Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bars are an easy 30 minute sweet and salty dessert everyone will love! A chocolate crust is topped with marshmallows and a crunchy peanut butter and rice crispie mixture for a delicious treat.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of PeanutButterLovers.com. All opinions are entirely my own.
Crunchy Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bars
Peanut Butter and Chocolate is a timeless flavor combo that everyone loves. Whether you love some classic Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, or perhaps like to get a little more decadent with these Peanut Butter Buckeye Brownie Cups, the combination of salty peanut butter with sweet chocolate is heavenly!
These Crunchy Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bars are no exception to that rule. A soft layer of chocolate cake is topped with toasted marshmallows and a crunchy mixture of crispy rice cereal, peanuts, peanut butter and peanut butter chips for a flavorful treat that is sure to be a household favorite!
Peanut Butter Bars
The sweet and salty flavor combo is to die for in this dessert recipe. It may appear to be more of a complicated recipe with the three layers, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. It starts out with a layer made from a simple box of cake mix combined with butter and egg, topped with a bag of mini marshmallows.
The top layer comes together in just a matter of minutes on the stove top and is layered over the marshmallows. Allow the Crunchy Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bars to chill for an hour and they are ready to be devoured. I assure you, they won’t last long!
My personal favorite when it comes to flavored peanut butter is Peanut Butter & Co’s Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter. From this Dark Chocolate Dream Cake to this easy 2 ingredient Healthy Peanut Butter & Chocolate “Ice Cream”, it brings the ultimate peanut butter and chocolate combo to any recipe! Not only is it great in recipes, but I could happily eat it by the spoonful as well.
Peanut Butter Dessert
Whether you fancy your peanut butter crunchy, creamy, sandwiched between crackers or in a classic pb cup, we can all agree on one thing. Peanut butter is the best! No matter what your favorite way to enjoy peanut butter is, it will be a fantastic additional to these bars!
- 1 pkg dark chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 4 c. miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 c. corn syrup
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 10 oz. bag peanut butter chips
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 c. crispy rice cereal
- 12 oz. jar salted peanuts, 2 cups
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In large bowl combine the cake mix, butter and egg at low speed until the entire mixture is crumbly and moist.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 pan. Bake for 16 minutes at 350°.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with marshmallows. Immediately return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 3 minutes, or until the marshmallows just begin to puff.
- Meanwhile, add the corn syrup, butter, peanut butter and peanut butter chips to a large saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, just until chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the vanilla and salt to the mixture and stir.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and quickly stir in the cereal and nuts. Immediately spoon the warm topping over the marshmallow layer, spreading to cover. Chill the bars until they reach room temperature.
- Cut and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 407Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 397mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 27gProtein: 10g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.