Coconut Macadamia Bites are rich little candies made with toasted coconut and macadamia nuts, caramelized sweetened condensed milk and sea salt all drizzled with dark chocolate for the perfect sweet and salty dessert!
Coconut Macadamia Bites
These little candies were dreamt up one evening when I was craving something sweet. I didn’t want to make a large pan of bars or cookies and pre-packaged sweets just weren’t calling my name. I began digging through my pantry and decided to experiment with what I had on hand. The result was perfection! The balance of the sweetened condensed milk and seat salt along with the crunchy nuts and rich drizzle of chocolate was better than anything I could have dreamed of.
Speaking of dreams, my husband and I are quite the dreamers. From the absolute absurd to the heartbreaking or wishful thinking, the things we dream about at night are completely off the wall. I go through streaks of remembering my dreams. There will be times where I don’t recall anything from a night’s sleep but will wake up with an overwhelming sense of sadness or excitement. Please tell me we aren’t the only crazy ones that this happens to!
With planting in full swing my husband isn’t getting all that much sleep to start with. He gets in well after sunset and is out the door as the sun rises. This morning he was being a bit of a slacker though and I was up and ready before him. As he was peacefully laying in bed half asleep, I asked him if he was getting up soon. In a groggy voice with a half smirk on his face he replied, “I think it sprinkled out.” The boy hadn’t even been awake to see whether or not it rained, but apparently it was the excuse he needed to catch a few extra Z’s today. If I worked the long hours that he does, I would be trying to squeeze every last drop out of my sleep too!
- 3 c. shredded coconut
- 1 jar sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 c. macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/3 c. dark chocolate chips
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook the coconut and macadamia nuts for 5 minutes, or until the coconut is toasted. Add the sweetened condensed milk and salt to the pan and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the mixture forms into a loose ball.
- Roll tablespoon fulls of the mixture into balls and place on a baking sheet.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate in 15 second increments, stirring each time. Once the chocolate is smooth, drizzle the top of each coconut bite with a teaspoon of chocolate. Store refrigerated for up to a week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g