Pressure Cooker Cranberry Balsamic Pork Loin is a delicious dinner recipe made easy thanks to the Instant Pot. A tender pork loin is served with a sweet and savory cranberry sauce for a fantastic one pot meal!
Pressure Cooker Cranberry Balsamic Pork Loin
To be completely honest, pork loins have never really been my thing. They were cumbersome to make in the oven and I would almost always end up with a dry tough piece of meat. Basically, I never really found much success with pork in the past. That is until I started cooking with my electric pressure cooker, aka Instant Pot! From Pressure Cooker Pork Loin, Stuffing & Gravy all made in one pot to this Pressure Cooker Cranberry Balsamic Pork Loin, they are the perfect examples of how moist and tender pork can be thanks to cooking it under pressure.
Not only does the pork turn out amazing, it is sooooooo easy to make! You can buy a pre-seasoned pork loin, or just season a plain one up with some salt and pepper. Sear the pork on each side in the Instant Pot and add the remaining ingredients. Pop on the lid and let it do it’s thing!
When the pressure is all released and the pin has dropped on your Instant Pot, you can carefully remove the lid. Pull out the pork loin and set it on the cutting board. You will have to do this gently, as the pork can be fall-apart tender at this point!
While the pork is resting, letting the juices settle into the meat, it just takes a couple minutes to complete the cranberry sauce. Grab your handy dandy Immersion Blender and give the sauce a quick blend until it is smooth. If you prefer a chunkier cranberry sauce, you can skip this step all together.
If you don’t already own an immersion blender, I highly recommend you make the $25-30 investment. It is great for so many recipe, not just this Pressure Cooker Cranberry Balsamic Pork Loin. Whether you are making soups like this Pressure Cooker Creamy Butternut Squash Soup or homemade salad dressings, it is a great small appliance to have in any kitchen.
The resulting cranberry sauce from this Pressure Cooker Cranberry Balsamic Pork Loin is amazing as well. The depth of flavor from the orange, ginger, balsamic vinegar and pork drippings is spectacular. The guys enjoyed this meal hot in the field and I was lucky enough to stash away some leftovers for myself. I made sandwiches from the thinly sliced pork and the savory cranberry sauce and they were to die for. I highly recommend you give it a try if you do end up with any leftovers!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lb pork loin
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 12 oz. bag frozen cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 c. water
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- Season the pork loin with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil to your 5 or 6 quart Instant Pot and turn on to saute. Add the seasoned pork loin and sear on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to deglaze the bottom of the pan. In a small bowl, whisk the flour into the water. Add the paste along with the remaining ingredients to the pot and give a quick stir.
- Cover and cook on high pressure for 40 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release.
- Remove the pork from the pressure cooker and allow to rest on a cutting board.
- Meanwhile puree the cranberries using an immersion blender until smooth. (This is optional, you can leave them as is if you prefer a chunky cranberry sauce.)
- After the pork has rested for 5 minutes, slice it up and serve it with the cranberry sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g