Pressure Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork is an easy three ingredient recipe made in your Instant Pot! This tender and delicious pork is perfect for sandwiches or wonderful paired with rice and vegetables for a healthy dinner idea.
Pressure Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
I’m back with another recipe for your Electric Pressure Cooker otherwise known as an Instant Pot! If you have one, I’m sure you love it and if you don’t have it, you need to add it to your Christmas wish list ASAP. These bad boys make dinner so easy! From Chicken Tortilla Soup to Thai Peanut Chicken & Noodles or Turkey Verde and Rice, they can all be made with ease in your Instant Pot. The best part is making a one-pot dish and having so few dishes to do after dinner!
I was whipping up some Cheesy BBQ Pork Sliders for the guys in the field on a warm day and I didn’t want to turn the oven on to heat my house. Instead of roasting my pork in the oven, I added it to my Instant Pot with some broth and BBQ sauce. I was able to set it and forget it and it resulted in amazingly tender and flavorful pork perfect for sandwiches!
I love having some meat hand in the refrigerator like this Pressure Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork for my husband to make quick and easy meals for himself. Whether he wants to throw it on some buns for sandwiches or heat some frozen vegetables and rice as a side, he loves it because it is easy and tastes great!
- 1/2 c. your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/2 c. chicken or beef broth
- 3 lb. pork roast
- salt and pepper
- Add the broth and BBQ sauce to your electric pressure cooker and give a quick whisk until mixed. Cut the pork into 3 equal pieces. Season the pork with salt and pepper and add to the pot. Seal the lid.
- Cook on high for 60 minutes and allow a natural 15 minute release. Carefully release the pressure and remove the roast from the pot. Shred the roast using two forks. Place the shredded pork in a bowl and add 1 cup of the liquid from the pressure cooker pot. Mix until the liquid is all incorporated into the pork. Serve with additional BBQ sauce.
- NOTE: If you are using an Instant Pot larger than 6 quart, you will need to increase the amount of liquids to meet your specific pot's minimum.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 438Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 359mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 34g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.