This flavorful Instant Pot Jalapeño Corn Chicken Soup is a spicy 30 minute pressure cooker recipe loaded with beans, spices and creamy broth.
Creamy Jalapeño Chicken Soup
This Instant Pot Jalapeño Corn Chicken Soup is a delicious and spicy dinner that is on the table in only 30 minutes. It is loaded with amazing Mexican inspired flavor from peppers, onion, corn, sour cream, cream cheese and spices.
Best of all, it comes together in one single pot in the pressure cooker. Not only is cleanup a breeze, but the pressure cooks the chicken to tender perfection all while speeding up the cooking process.
Spicy Chicken Soup Recipe
If you were to ask my kids what my favorite food is, they would say spicy. I love spice on just about everything and this chicken soup is no exception.
Similar to our family’s favorite Pressure Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup that is seasoned with dried spices, this spicy chicken soup recipe uses fresh jalapenos in addition to chili powder for it’s kick.
Jalapeño Corn Chicken Soup Ingredients
To make this soup, gather what you will need along with your pressure cooker. Here is what you will need.
- red onion
- fresh jalapeño
- chili powder
- canned white cannellini beans
- chicken stock
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- sour cream
- cream cheese
How to make Instant Pot Chicken Soup
Once you have your ingredients gathered, turn your Instant Pot to sauté function. Add a drizzle of olive oil and let it heat.
When the oil is hot, add in the chopped onions and garlic and sauté it for a minute or two until the onion turns are translucent. Add the corn and diced jalapenos to the pot and season with salt, black pepper, red chili powder, and cumin powder and give it a quick stir. Turn off the sauté function.
Add the entire can of Cannellini beans with juice, chicken stock and chicken breasts. Place the lid on the pot and turn the knob to seal. Cook under high pressure for 10 minutes.
When the pressure cooking is complete, carefully turn the valve to vent to release the pressure. I recommend using an oven mitt and spatula to turn the knob out of an abundance of caution, so the steam doesn’t burn you.
Open the pot and remove the chicken breasts onto a cutting board. Shred the chicken using two forks and then stir the chicken back into the soup along with the sour cream and cubed cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese is all melted and smooth.
One of the best parts of this soup is the amazing garnishes. Add as much or as little as you’d like and make the soup your own. This is great for serving family as each person can add what they like.
- Avocado – For even more creamy goodness, don’t skip these
- Thinly sliced jalapenos – If you love extra spice, don’t forget to add some more peppers
- Tortilla chips – Doritos add an amazing bite of cheesy crunch
- Sour cream – An extra dollop for an ever richer soup is fantastic
- Lime wedges – Lime juice is a must as it helps balance the flavors
- Cilantro – A little bit goes a long way!
- Shredded cheese – For more cheesy flavor, top your bowl of soup with some freshly grated cheddar
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
If you love a good chicken recipe in your pressure cooker but want to make something a bit more global than chicken noodle soup, be sure to check out these amazing recipes loaded with lots of flavor and spice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1/3 cup diced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 15.5 ounce can white cannellini beans with liquid
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Sliced avocado
- Chopped jalapenos
- Corn Tortilla chips
- Lime wedges
- Chopped Cilantro
- Shredded Cheese
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté function. Add the olive oil and let it heat.
- When the oil is hot, add in the onions and garlic and sauté for two minutes.
- Add the corn and jalapenos and mix well. Season with salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin. Give it a quick stir and add in the Cannellini beans with liquid, chicken stock and chicken breasts.
- Place the cover on the Instant Pot and turn the knob to SEAL.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. When the time is up, carefully turn the knob to VENT to release the pressure.
- Open the pot and remove the chicken breasts onto a cutting board. Shred the chicken using two forks.
- Stir the chicken back into the soup along with the sour cream and cubed cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese is all melted and smooth.
- Serve with garnishes of your choice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 bowl without garnish
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 621Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 1455mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 10gSugar: 7gProtein: 53g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.