Chicken Sausage & Penne Skillet is an easy gluten free 15 minute dinner idea. Penne Pasta is tossed with a white wine and Parmesan cream sauce along with chicken apple sausage and shallots for a hearty dinner bursting with rich flavors.
Chicken Sausage & Penne Skillet
Mmmmm PASTA! I love pasta very much, but I rarely enjoy it unless I am on a date night at a restaurant. Lots of people can’t enjoy pasta at all because of gluten intolerances. That is why Barilla’s Gluten Free pasta is so great. When you are serving a large crowd with potential dietary restrictions this pasta will cover your bases and taste great! I used the pasta in this Roasted Veggie & Chicken Sausage Penne Bowls which are another amazing and easy dinner idea.
What is better than an easy comforting dinner that only takes 15 minutes to prepare!? I know I have no interest slaving away over the stove for hours on end for dinner. Why bother when there are so many amazing meals that you can whip up in no time, like these 10 Minute Beef & Broccolini Bowls or 30 Minute Light Chicken Enchiladas.
I can’t even lie, there are many evenings when I am getting home from work at 5pm and then heading out the door at 6pm for a softball game or photo shoot. On these nights I have zero interest in cooking anything. I throw some pre-cooked chicken on a corn tortilla with salsa and run out the door. As long as I get some protein, I consider it a win. When I do take the 15 minutes to make a great meal like this Chicken Sausage & Penne Skillet, I am so happy I did.
Chicken Sausage & Penne Skillet (Gluten Free)
- 1 Pkg Barilla Gluten Free Penne Pasta
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Shallots Diced
- 1 Pkg Aidelles chicken sausage, Sliced in Rounds
- ½ Cup White wine
- ½ Cup Chicken broth
- 1 ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling water and cook according to the directions.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet heat the olive oil and saute the chicken sausage for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Add the shallots to the pan and cook for an additional 3 minutes until browned. Deglaze the pan with white wine and reduce until most of the wine is evaporated. Add the chicken broth, heavy cream and salt and pepper to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Drain and toss the pasta with the sauce and let the pasta cook within the sauce for a minute. Remove the skillet from the heat and fold in the cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.