Steak, Goat Cheese & Roasted Brussels Sprouts Flatbread is a hearty 20 minute dinner idea bursting with bold flavors. A chewy naan bread is topped with goat cheese, grilled steak, roasted brussels sprouts leaves and a balsamic glaze for a delicious and unique recipe you will make again and again!
Steak, Goat Cheese & Roasted Brussels Sprouts Flatbread
I have always been a chicken person as long as I can remember, but more recently I have been enjoying lots of steak for a change. Whether it is a Steak, Bleu Cheese & Blueberry Salad or Steak Tacos, it is a great protein that adds so much flavor to any dish. My grocery store had a sale on New York Strip Steak recently, so I stocked up and took full advantage of all the red meat goodness as a welcomed change from my normal routine. These Steak, Goat Cheese & Roasted Brussels Sprouts Flatbread were just what I was craving!
Whenever I make a flatbread or pizza type of meal, I almost always use a Naan bread because they have a great texture. More importantly, I am lazy and they are an easy option for a quick flatbread or pizza for dinner on a weeknight. These Mini Buffalo Turkey Pizzas and Bacon, Bleu Cheese & Apple Flatbreads are both great examples of that.
For these Steak, Goat Cheese & Roasted Brussels Sprouts Flatbread I started with the store-bought Naan and topped it with creamy goat cheese and shredded Italian cheese. While my oven was preheating, I began grilling up a steak in the Airfryer. If you don’t have an Airfryer to make quick work of cooking a steak, you could certainly grill it outdoors or broil it as well. I prefer my steak medium-rare so that is how I prepared it.
Once my oven came to temp, I added my brussels sprouts leaves to a sheet pan and tossed them with olive oil and salt. On a separate pan I added my two flatbreads topped with cheese and baked everything in the oven for 10 minutes.
While the brussels sprouts and flatbreads were baking, it allowed the steak to rest so the juices could settle in. Once I pulled the flatbreads from the oven, I sliced up the steak and layered it over the cheese along with the roasted brussels sprouts leaves. I drizzled it all with Balsamic Reduction and this easy and hearty meal was ready to devour!
- 2 Naan breads
- 4 oz. honey goat cheese
- ¾ c. Italian blend shredded cheese
- 8 oz. choice of steak
- 3 c. brussels sprout leaves (roughly 10 brussels sprouts)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic glaze (store-bought or homemade)
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Grill or broil your steak to your preferred doneness. Allow the steak to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, place the Naan breads on a baking sheet and top with crumbled goat cheese & shredded Italian cheese.
- Cut the root ends of the brussels sprouts off and carefully separate the leaves. Place the leaves on a separate baking sheet and toss them with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Add both pans to the oven and bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice the steak and layer it on the flatbreads. Top with the roasted brussels sprouts leaves and a drizzle of balsamic reduction. Serve immediately!