Grilled Lemon Chicken Skillet is a delicious dish that only requires one-pot, 15 minutes and 5 ingredients, including lean chicken breasts, lemons and asparagus, to prepare for an easy and healthy weeknight dinner bursting with fresh flavors!
Grilled Lemon Chicken Skillet
Notice that gorgeous Le Creuset Cast-Iron Rectangular Skinny Grill that is holding this yummy supper? Yup, that was an amazing Christmas gift from my favorite sister. Ok, she is my only sister, but she would totally be my favorite after buying me this for Christmas if I had other sisters! 😉
As soon as I ripped open the gift, I began dreaming up all the wonderful things I could use it for. These Ultimate Turkey Burger Sliders and Chicken Bacon Feta Roulade were the first things to come to mind. This Grilled Lemon Chicken Skillet ended up being the first dish to christen my new pan and it was perfection!
My sister knows my love for Le Creuset and teasingly calls me a brand whore because of it. I beg to differ though! I like things that are quality, not just because they have a certain name slapped across them. My sister is the true brand whore and collects Coach purses and aspires to buy a whole bunch of Loui Vuitton.
Not me, I will take whatever is cute and functional. Sometimes it might be expensive, sometimes it might not. In the case of Le Creuset, I know it is expensive, but the quality is unmatched.
Despite liking nice things, I don’t like to pay full price for most things. Therefore, every time I head to the Twin Cities I swing by the Le Creuset Outlet store and scour the clearance table. I have scored some amazing deals around 70-80% off, so I feel really good about getting great quality pieces at a very reasonable price. The only thing better than a good deal is a gift!
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. roasted garlic seasoning (or your favorite seasoning blend)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 lemons, sliced ¼" thick
- Tenderize the chicken breasts by placing them between two sheets of Saran wrap. Pound the chicken out until it is ½" thick. Season the chicken with ½ Tbsp. olive oil and 1 Tbsp. of roasted garlic seasoning (or your favorite seasoning blend).
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat for 5 minutes on a grill or on the stove top using a cast-iron pan.
- Meanwhile cut off and discard the fibrous ends of the asparagus (approximately ¼ of the asparagus). Chop the asparagus into 3" long pieces and toss with the remaining olive oil and salt.
- Flip the chicken over and add the lemons and asparagus to the grill. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until chicken i cooked through. When the lemon slices get a good char on them, set them on top of the chicken breasts so they are no longer on the direct heat.
- Serve immediately.