Chipotle Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa are a fresh and delicious dinner recipe that whip up in 15 minutes for an easy meal bursting with fruit & vegetables topped with a spicy chipotle Greek yogurt sauce.
Chipotle Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
I only discovered fruit salsas a few years ago, but when I did I fell in love. I can’t lie, at first glance I may have turned up my nose a bit. Despite being hesitant, I immediately loved the balance of sweetness from the fruit with the spices in the salsa. Whether it is a canned picante style fruit salsa, a fresh pineapple or mango pico de gallo recipe or a grilled avocado and fruit salsa, I can’t get enough of the stuff!
I found some jumbo raw shrimp at the Grocery store that were impressively large and calling my name. After tossing them with some chilli powder and salt I tossed them in a saute pan for a few minutes, just until they were pink and cooked through. I added them to my grilled corn tortillas and topped them off with a drizzle of spicy chipotle Greek yogurt sauce and a hearty spoonful of fresh mango salsa. This meal came together to make such an amazingly flavorful dinner that was super healthy!
I am pretty sure that I eat some form of taco about 3-4 days a week for dinner. Whether it is my go-to buffalo chicken tacos or some variation of a grilled corn tortilla, chicken and whatever sauce and veggies I have on hand, it makes a healthy and easy meal that tastes great. I would probably eat the grilled corn tortillas all on their own, they taste so good, but I figure it is probably better to add some protein and extra flavor. 😉
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 lb raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ c. chipotle sauce
- 2 c. mango salsa
- chipotle lime sauce
- ⅓ c. greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. mayo
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- ½ chipotle pepper in adobe
- 2 tsp. adobe sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp cumin
- Spray each side of the corn tortillas with non-stick spray. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook each tortilla for 30-45 seconds on each side. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, pat the preeled and deveined shrimp dry and toss with the chili powder and salt. After the tortillas are finished cooking, spray the pan with non-stick spray and add the shrimp. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until they are pink and opaque in the center.
- Top the tortillas with the shrimp, ¼ c. mango salsa and a Tablespoon of chipotle sauce. Serve immediately.