Greek Chicken Tacos with Whipped Feta are an easy, unique and unbelievably delicious dinner idea! Grilled corn tortillas are loaded with whipped feta, grilled Greek seasoned chicken and fresh vegetables for an amazing meal.
I am obsessed with whipped feta and in particular these Greek Chicken Tacos with Whipped Feta. I enjoy them all year round, but they are the best during the summer when fresh vegetables are in their prime and paired with flavorful grilled chicken and tangy whipped feta all wrapped in a warm corn tortilla. The best part of these, is that you can easily make as few or many as you would like. So on nights that I know I will only be cooking for myself, I can easily whip up a couple of these tacos, and I just store the extra whipped feta in the refrigerator to pack with some fixing for lunch the next day.
School has recently started, and we are swamped at work right now. I literally had a stack of files on my desk over a foot high that needed to be input along with twenty other things that needed to get done. Apart from me wanting to pull my hair out, this means I have very little time to leave my desk and get something to eat at the cafeteria, so I need to plan ahead. When I have meals like these Greek chicken tacos that I am obsessed with, it seems so much easier to pack some more up for lunch the next day, seeing I am looking forward to enjoying more!
Greek Chicken Tacos with Whipped Feta
- 1 lb chicken cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 c. feta divided
- 8 oz light cream cheese
- 1/2 c. non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 c. diced tomatoes
- 1 cucumber seeded and diced
- 1/2 c. red onion diced
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 lemon cut in wedges
- non-stick spray
- In a hot skillet sprayed with non-stick spray, add your pieces of chicken, Italian seasoning, dill and salt. Cook 6-8 minutes, until no longer pink in the center.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl, add the cream cheese, garlic, 1 c. feta and Greek yogurt. With an immersion blender or food processor, blend the mixture until it is creamy and smooth. Set aside.
- Spray each of the corn tortillas with non-stick spray. Place them in a separate skillet over high heat and cook for 30-60 seconds on each side, just until warmed and softened.
- In each tortilla, layer a generous amount of whipped feta, grilled chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers and red onions. Garnish each taco with a wedge of lemon and a sprinkle of the remaining feta. Serve immediately.