Chipotle Lime Chicken Soup is a quick and easy weeknight dinner with robust flavor and healthy ingredients.
Chipotle Lime Chicken Soup
If you are looking for an easy and delicious recipe that you can throw together in 20 minutes, this healthy Chipotle Lime Chicken Soup is PERFECT! Whether you are wore out from the holidays and need an easy comfort food or you are just looking for something light and tasty, I can promise you, you will be happy you whipped up this simple soup for an easy meal.
When we have family home, my favorite meal to feed the masses for a quick lunch or dinner is soup. Some of my crowd-pleasing favorites include Light Tomato Basil Meatball Soup, Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup and this Healthy Crock Pot Jalapeno, Chicken & Sweet Corn Soup.
We celebrated our Christmas last weekend with my family, so part of me feels like the holidays have already come and gone. This weekend over Christmas we will be spending the weekend with my husband’s family. I normally bring homemade buns to his family holidays, but this year I am opting for some Bacon Wrapped Smokies. I made them at Thanksgiving and they were a huge hit, so I figured I would go for a proven winner.
Most of his family isn’t big on trying new and “different” things, so I try and bring something I think most people would like. I also like to throw an occasional curve ball in the mix with a second dish that is a bit more my style. This year I am debating between PB&J fruit dip or shrimp cocktail cups. Which do you think sounds better?
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, cut into ½" pieces
- 1 lg. yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. cumin
- ¼ c. chipotles in adobo, pureed or finely diced
- 8 c. chicken broth
- 1½ limes
- ⅓ c. chives, diced
- Non-fat plain Greek yogurt (or substitute light sour cream)
- 2 avocados, cubed
- In a large pot, add the chicken breast, onion and garlic and sprinkle with the salt, paprika and cumin. Saute over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the chipotles, chicken broth and juice of the lime and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes over medium heat.
- Serve topped with Greek yogurt, chives and avocado.