Creamy Chipotle, Chicken & Tomato Soup is an amazing recipe that comes together in 15 minutes, but has deep rich flavors of a soup that simmered for hours! With fire roasted tomatoes, chipotle pepper, light coconut milk and cilantro, this soup is rocking bold and delicious flavors that will warm you up on these cold winter days.
I am obsessed with this soup. After I made a batch and devoured about half of it, I immediately texted my sister about it and how wonderful it was. She is on a healthy eating kick, so she always appreciates any ideas for healthy meals that taste great. She responded to send me a link to the post as soon as it was up. I couldn’t wait, so I sent her a picture as soon as it was edited.
Well, her response was a bit underwhelming at that point. Apparently this soup doesn’t have the same visual appeal, as it does flavor appeal. So please, I beg you, forgive it’s less than stellar appearance and give this amazing soup a chance!
I have made this so many times when I am in a rush after work to get something on the table. It is as easy and sauteing an onion, dumping a few cans in your pot, giving it a quick buzz with your immersion blender and stirring in some chicken and cilantro. So easy and so delicious, you will be in love!
- 1 c. small yellow onion, diced
- 2 14.5-ounce cans fire-roasted tomatoes with garlic
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 cup Light coconut milk
- 1 c. cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 c. tortilla strips, optional
- In a large saucepan or small dutch oven, add your onion and saute for 5 minutes until they are translucent. To the onion, add the roasted tomatoes, chicken broth and chipotle pepper. Cook over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk to the pan and using an immersion blender, blend the mix until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add the chicken and cilantro and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes on medium heat, until the chicken is warmed through.
- Serve topped with tortilla strips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 430mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 11g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.
Adapted from Katrina Runs
21 Day Fix Approved Recipe – 1 1/3 Green, 1/3 Red, 1/3 Yellow, 3/4 Blue