Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato Spirals with Guacamole is an amazingly delicious meatless dinner or appetizer with crispy sweet potatoes coated in garlic & chili powder and topped with a zesty guacamole.
Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato Spirals with Guacamole
My sister-in-law bought me a KitchenAid spiralizer attachment for my stand mixer this Christmas. Initially I had put it on my wish list with thoughts of making lots of zucchini noodles to swap out in some of my favorite pasta dishes. As soon as I opened my present though, I had to try it out and the only vegetable I had on hand was sweet potatoes. Naturally my impatient self started spiralizing them all up because I couldn’t wait to see the results with each of the attachments.
After, I figured out the perfect attachment for my ideal noodle size, I started dreaming up all the possibilities. First thing on my list was to roast up some sweet potatoes for a crispy treat. After soaking, salting and roasting these beauties the only natural thing to do was to top them with a big old dollop of Guacamole!
These were seriously one of the favorite things I have eaten in a very long time! So simple, healthy and absolutely delicious. A squeeze of lime was the finishing touch for a zesty dish. These would easily stand on their own for a hearty Meatless Monday dish or they would make a great snack or side dish. No matter the excuse, I promise you won’t be disappointed with this dish!
I only wish we had some more football games on Sundays for the perfect excuse to whip up a batch of these Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato Spirals with Guacamole!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, spiralized
- hot water and 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Guacamole, Diced Green onion and lime wedges for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 475º.
- In a large bowl, soak the sweet potato spirals in hot salt water for 15 min. Remove from the water and pat the spirals dry, being sure to remove as much of the moisture as possible.
- Return the spirals to a dry bowl and toss with the olive oil and seasonings until well coated.
- Arrange on lined sheet and bake for 50-60 min at 475º, tossing every 20 minutes, until they reach your desired crunchiness.
- Served topped with guacamole and garnish with green onions and lime wedges.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1239mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.