Roasted Poblano & Sweet Corn Chicken Salad is a fresh summer recipe served in lettuce cups for a healthy lunch or on bread for a hearty meal.
Roasted Poblano & Sweet Corn Chicken Salad
Sweet corn is in it’s prime season in the Midwest right now and it’s time to take full advantage of the sweet and savory vegetable. We have a whole garden full of pearl sweet corn that is ripe for the picking. My husband and family love to enjoy it boiled with butter and salt, but I love mixing it into savory dishes for something a little healthier. From Buffalo Chicken Sweet Corn Tostadas to this Roasted Poblano & Sweet Corn Chicken Salad, sweet corn is the perfect compliment to spicier recipes!
Chicken salads are such a great way to meal prep lunches. They can be stored refrigerated for days and they are easy to mix up with a wide variety of flavors. From sweeter varieties like this Pomegranate & Apple Chicken Salad to something with classic flavors like this Light Ranch BLT Chicken Salad, there are countless ways to make lettuce wraps and sandwiches out of your favorite chicken salad.
Whether you are looking to cut calories and fat or are just looking for the best flavors, I like to substitute some of the mayonnaise in my chicken salad recipes with non-fat plain Greek yogurt. This not only lightens things up, but it adds a nice tang to the dish as well. Even when I am not concerned in the slightest with cutting calories, I still use Greek yogurt because I find all the mayonnaise just a bit overwhelming.
Roast up some Poblano peppers and sweet corn and mix it into this chicken salad for a sweet and smokey flavored Roasted Poblano & Sweet Corn Chicken Salad that is perfect in lettuce cups, made into a sandwich or simply enjoyed with some crackers! It is a unique twist on chicken salad that you are sure to love with the fresh ingredients.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 poblano pepper
- 3 ears sweet corn
- 1 head garllic, peeled
- 1/3 c. mayonnaise
- 3/4 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- butter lettuce or bread for serving
- Cut the Poblano pepper in half and remove the seeds. Add the pepper to a large sheet pan along with the ears of husked sweet corn and chicken breasts. Season everything with olive oil and salt and sprinkle the chicken with the cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Add the peeled garlic cloves to a small piece of tinfoil and toss with a little olive oil and salt. Wrap up tight and add to the corner of the pan.
- Bake everything at 400° for 25 minutes. Remove the garlic cloves from the tinfoil and mash on a cutting using the back of a knife. Remove any hard crusty outside pieces.
- Dice the Poblano pepper, cut the corn off the ears and shred the chicken using two forks.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, salt, lime juice and mashed garlic. Mix until well blended.
- Fold in the chopped Poblano peppers, sweet corn and shredded chicken. Fold until everything is well combined. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving on butter lettuce or bread.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g