Pumpkin Mousse Pie is a decadent fall dessert with a pecan crust and creamy pumpkin spice filling perfect for your next holiday meal.
Pumpkin Mousse Pie
This Pumpkin Mousse Pie is an easier take on the beloved fall pumpkin pie. Instead of slaving over homemade pie crust and worrying about spilling your pumpkin pie mixture over in the oven, which I have done too many times, you can just whip up this easy filling in your KitchenAid mixer! While we all love a delicious slice of pumpkin pie with our Thanksgiving dinner, sometimes it’s nice to change things up during the fall and make a new and delicious treat.
This Pumpkin Mousse Pie filling makes a very large batch. Therefore it is important to make your pecan crust in a large 12 inch pie plate or you will be left with extra filling at the end. This isn’t really the end of the world either, as it is great for snacking on with cinnamon graham crackers!
If you don’t have a large pie plate, you could either split the pie between two smaller plates or even make it in a 9×13 pan, just covering the bottom of the pan with the pecan crust. No matter how you end up making this Pumpkin Mousse Pie, it is sure to be a hit with your guests!
- 1 ½ c. pecans
- ½ c. butter, melted
- 2/3 c. flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3.4 oz pkg vanilla instant pudding
- 1/2 c. milk
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 8 oz carton whipped topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Combine the pecans, flour, butter and salt in a food processor and pulse until combined, being careful not to chop the pecans too fine.
- Press the pecan mixture into a greased deep dish pie pan and bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sweetened condensed milk, instant pudding and milk. Beat the mixture for 3-4 minutes or until it has thickened. Add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice and beat until well combined.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping until it is well incorporated. Spread in the pecan crust and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g