Light Shrimp Cocktail Bites are the perfect finger food to celebrate a holiday party. These individual bites of shrimp cocktail are lightened up with reduced fat cream cheese and Greek yogurt for a delicious and guilt free finger food you can enjoy!
Light Shrimp Cocktail Bites
New Year’s Eve is all about the appetizers! Will you be ringing the new year in at home with family or celebrating at a party with friends? Either way, food is the star of the party at the end of the day.
Whether you kick it old school with Zesty Cheddar Fondue, opt for comfort food like this Corn & Green Chili con Queso Dip or are attending a classy affair and opt for something more refined like these Cranberry Cream Cheese Bruschetta, I have got you covered with all sorts of amazing appetizers.
Today I am turning one of my childhood favorites into something a bit prettier and tastier. As kids we used to whip up an easy crab dip that was just a layer of cream cheese topped with cocktail sauce and crab meat…the fake kind. It was far from classy, but it sure did taste good with crackers!
This version adds a bit more zest and is in the perfect bite-sized portion. The base of these Light Shrimp Cocktail Bites is a triscuit made into a little cup and it is topped with a whipped cream cheese & Greek yogurt mixture, cocktail sauce and a juicy shrimp.
If you are in a rush and don’t want to bake the triscuit cups, you can easily make these on top of flat Triscuits or use a pre-made phyllo cup or tortilla scoop. No matter how you assemble these little guys, they will be a hit at the party and disappear in no time!
- 36 Triscuits, your favorite flavor
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. water
- 8 oz. light cream cheese
- 1/4 c. non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 c. green onion, diced
- zesty cocktail sauce
- 36 medium pre-cooked shrimp, thawed, rinsed and patted dry
- Whisk together eggs and water and pour in a shallow dish. Soak Triscuits for 8-10 minutes in the mixture until they are just soft enough to press into mini muffin tins. After pressing all of the Triscuits into mini muffin tins sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake the Triscuits for 30 min at 350°. Remove from the tins and allow to cool to room temperature. (You can make the Triscuit cups ahead a day or two in advance and store in an airtight container.)
- In a medium bowl, add the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, Worcestershire sauce & lemon juice. Using a hand mixer, beat on high for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Scoop the mixture into a sandwich bag and snip the corner of the bag. Using the bag, pipe a Tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into each Triscuit, top with 1/2 tsp. cocktail sauce and one shrimp.
- Garnish the cups with green onions and serve immediately .
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g