This creamy Lemon Chicken Rice Casserole made with Greek yogurt is an easy one dish dinner filled with bright flavor and healthy ingredients for a weeknight dinner the whole family will love!
Baked Lemon Chicken & Rice
If you are looking for a fresh and flavorful dinner you can toss in a casserole dish, this easy Lemon Chicken and Rice is a fantastic recipe you need to try!
Fluffy jasmine rice is baked with Greek yogurt and lemon juice and paired with chicken breasts and fresh herbs for a simple and delicious meal.
How to make Lemon Chicken Casserole
The best part of this baked lemon chicken and rice recipe is that it only calls for seven simple ingredients. Here is what you will need to add to your 9×13 casserole dish for an easy dinner,
- unsalted butter
- uncooked jasmine rice
- Greek yogurt
- fresh parsley
- chicken broth
- chicken breast
In a 9×13 inch baking dish, add the butter, rice, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, parsley and rice. Top with the cubed chicken and bake for about 35 minutes at 375F.
Garnishes for Baked Lemon and Rice
Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork and garnish with additional parsley and lemon wedges.
Here are some more garnishes for this baked lemon chicken to add even more flavor,
- crumbled feta cheese
- diced tomatoes
- dollop of Tzatziki or Cucumber Feta Greek Yogurt Dip
Chicken & Rice Casserole with Greek Yogurt
Full fat or non-fat Greek yogurt will both work well in this lemon chicken and rice recipe. If you don’t have Greek yogurt on hand, you can substitute light or regular sour cream in it’s place.
If you want to make this dish dairy free, you can omit the Greek yogurt and substitute additional chicken broth in it’s place.
More one pot chicken recipes
If you love chicken as much as we do and want some more healthy and flavorful recipes that are perfect for a weeknight dinner, be sure to check these out!
- Skillet Chicken in White Wine Cream Sauce – Chicken and grapes are simmered in an amazing sauce for a dish exploding with flavor.
- Balsamic Chicken & Butternut Squash Dinner – This easy 30 minute sheet pan dinner is a fantastic dinner in cooler months.
- Roasted BBQ Chicken & Peach Bake – This one dish dinner is the perfect balance of sweet and savory.
- Lemon Feta Chicken & Potatoes – Another great sheet pan dinner that is a must try!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound chicken breast, cubed
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, add the butter, rice, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, parsley and rice. Mix all together and top with the chicken. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until the chicken and rice is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork, garnish with parsley and lemon slices.
Garnish with feta cheese, diced tomatoes or a dollop of tzatziki for even more flavor.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 682mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 41g
Provided nutrition data is only an estimate. If you are tracking these nutrients for medical purposes, please consult an outside, trusted source.