Healthy Peanut Butter & Chocolate “Ice Cream” is an easy 2 ingredient treat with a blend of Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter and frozen bananas for a delicious and guilt-free dessert!
Healthy Peanut Butter & Chocolate “Ice Cream”
I own a KitchenAid mixer and food processor that I adore, but sadly have not yet acquired an ice cream maker attachment. That is why I am excited to share this peanut butter & chocolate “ice cream” with you today which just uses a food processor. If you are like me and dying to get your hands on an actual ice cream maker, be sure to check out this fun giveaway I am hosting with other bloggers for a KitchenAid Mixer in your color of choice + an Ice Cream Attachment!
I started seeing the banana “ice cream” pop up online a couple of years ago and I’m not going to lie, I turned up my nose. Everyone was raving about how it tasted like real ice cream and I thought, pshhh, ya just like they say spaghetti squash tastes like actual spaghetti! I DON’T THINK SO! Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy spaghetti squash, but it just isn’t the same as the real carb-loaded deal!
So I’m sure you are wondering what changed my mind. Two things. First was the fact that I now have my food processor in a convenient location in my kitchen where it is actually accessible. Secondly, I had some ripe bananas I threw in the freezer a few weeks ago.
It was a Saturday afternoon, and this Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter that I am obsessed with, was calling my name. Instead of taking the path of least resistance and just grabbing a spoon, I figured I would give this “ice cream” a try.
I tossed my frozen cubes in the food processor and began pulsing. I have a heavy duty food processor so it could handle the completely frozen chunks. If you have a lighter weight machine, or don’t want to give it quite the workout, allow the banana to thaw on the counter for 20 minutes first.
It is literally as simple as blending the frozen banana and peanut butter! You can enjoy it right away in it’s soft serve state, or put it in a container in the freezer to enjoy in an hour or two as an “ice cream”. I promise you, you won’t be disappointed!
- 2 bananas
- 2 Tbsp. Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter, substitute Nutella
- Slice your bananas into 1 inch pieces and freeze in a resealable bag.
- When you are ready to make the ice cream remove the frozen bananas from the freezer and place in food processor. (Allow the frozen piece to thaw for 20 minutes if your machine can't handle the fully frozen banana.)Begin pulsing the mixture until it breaks down into a finer mixture.
- Add the peanut butter and blend until smooth. You will need to scrape the sides a few times to be sure it is all blended together.
- Enjoy the treat immediately for a soft serve "ice cream" or place it in your freezer for 1-2 hours for a more traditional "ice cream".
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g