Fruit Pizza is the perfect summer treat with a sugar cookie crust topped with cream cheese and a rainbow of sweet fruit finished off with an apricot glaze!
Fruit Pizza + KitchenAid GIVEAWAY!
The summer days seem like they are getting hotter and summer treats are very much needed.
To celebrate that summer is now in full swing, I have teamed up with 15 other amazing bloggers to bring you a KitchenAid giveaway in the color of your choice + Ice Cream Attachment to get your summer going. I am so excited for all of you to have a chance at a KitchenAid mixer, because I know I use mine on a regular basis. I myself have not even gotten an ice cream attachment yet, but it is definitely at the top of my wish list! This fruit pizza is the perfect summer treat to enjoy all of the fresh fruit that is oh so sweet right now.
To get started whip out your very own KitchenAid mixer, or if you are waiting to win one, a bowl and hand mixer will do! Cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth and mix in the powdered sugar.
To make things easy, we just baked off a tube of pre-packaged sugar cookie mix into a crust. Allow it to cool and right before serving, top it with the cream cheese mixture, fresh fruit and apricot glaze. This beautiful dessert is perfect for any potluck or family gathering!
- 1 tube sugar cookie dough
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/3 apricot preserves
- 3-4 c. of your favorite fresh fruits I used blueberries, grapes, peaches, bananas, strawberries and kiwi
- Spread the chilled cookie dough into a 1/4" thick rectangle on a cookie sheet. Bake according to directions or until it is golden brown on the edges. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and mix until well combined. Store refrigerated.
- Right before serving, top the cookie crust with the cream cheese mixture and layer with your favorite fruits.
- Using a metal sieve, push the apricot preserves through with a spoon to remove any chunks. Brush the strained preserves on top of the fruit and serve in pizza slices!