Fruit & Pecan Chicken Salad is a light and healthy sandwich full of fresh fruit, crunchy pecans and a creamy Greek yogurt dressing, so easy it’s ready in just 10 minutes!
Fruit & Pecan Chicken Salad
This Fruit & Pecan Chicken Salad is so fresh and loaded with amazing flavors and crunch! From the fresh grapes and pineapple to the chewy dried cranberries and toasted pecans, this chicken salad has got it all.
My sister had just had her baby and my parents were heading up to see her. I wasn’t able to go visit right away because it would have been too chaotic in her house with everyone else who was there in addition to me and my babies. I was sure to send some food along for when she was released from the hospital though. I don’t get out of the house all that much so I scraped together something healthy with what I had in the fridge.
Some leftover pineapple, grapes, green onions, pecans from the freezer, cooked up chicken breasts, cranberries from the pantry and a loaf of bread all came together with an easy Greek yogurt dressing. And that is how this Fruit & Chicken Salad was born! Because of the fresh pineapple, this chicken salad doesn’t keep more than a couple days in the refrigerator, so be sure to enjoy it right away.
Along with the Fruit & Pecan Chicken Salad, I made her some Dark Chocolate Energy Bites. Energy Bites are the perfect food to send any newly expectant mother because they are full of super foods great for lactation! My sister even said she thought she noticed an increase in her supply when she was eating them, so she made another double batch after they were gone.
- 3/4 c. greek yogurt
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Champagne or red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2 c. green grapes, halved
- 1/2 dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. fresh pineapple, diced
- 5 c. cooked chicken, shredded or chopped (roughly 2 lb raw)
- 1 c. green onion, diced
- 1 1/2 c. chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first 6 ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until everything is well coated. Store refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Serve on slices of bread for a sandwich, or enjoy with crackers for a snack!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g