Chocolate & Pistachio Covered Mangoes are an easy and healthy treat to satisfy your sweet tooth! With only 3 simple ingredients, this delicious snack comes together in no time and is perfect for on the go.
Chocolate & Pistachio Covered Mangoes
I saw a new item, dried mangoes, in our grocery store recently and had to grab a bag. I had no idea what I was going to do with them, but I knew they would make a healthy treat of some sort. I was inspired by my Peach Yogurt Parfait with Pistachios and Dark Chocolate and decided to transform that idea into these Chocolate & Pistachio Covered Mangoes that store well and are an easy on the go snack.
This treat is as easy as dipping the dried fruit in melted dark chocolate and sprinkling with seas salt and pistachios. While some people swear by tempering their chocolate and heating it over a double boiler, I take the
lazy efficient route and pop that bowl of dark chocolate in the microwave for a minute. As long as you make sure to check it every 20-30 seconds and stir it, it will be FINE. I mean really, it comes out smooth and delicious, so why waste the time with all that double boiler mess?!
These would be perfect to make with the kids and you could easily change up the dried fruit and nut selection for more variety. Dried pineapple, apricots and even kiwis would all be great fruit choices and roasted almonds or peanuts would make a good substitution for the pistachios if you aren’t a fan.
While it isn’t completely necessary, I gave my finished fruit a sprinkle of fine sea salt. If you are cutting back on sodium you could certainly skip it, but it does a very nice job of enhancing the flavors and balancing out the sweetness. Be sure to try at least one with a sprinkle of salt before you decide to omit it. I promise you will love these!
Chocolate & Pistachio Dried Mangoes
- 3/4 c. dark chocolate chips
- 5 oz. package dried mangos
- 1/3 c. shelled pistachios chopped
- 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
- In a small microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips for 45 seconds. Give them a quick stir and continue to microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring each time until all the chocolate is melted.
- Dip 2/3 of each dried mango into the dark chocolate, scrape off any excess chocolate on the side of the bowl and lay on a sheet of wax paper. Sprinkle the chocolate with a teaspoon of chopped pistachios and a tiny sprinkle of sea salt.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container for up to a week.